To beat a plateau?

Options
Hey there! I just wanted to put this out there to ask some other people that have been in my situation their advice. I've hit a bit of a weight loss plateau. I try not to be too dependent on the scale, but I've also never been this long without losing a pound. I've done measurements, but I still have about a week and a half before I plan on checking them.

Are there any tricks that people have for getting past this stage? I've tried changing up my workout and I'm being very vigilant with my calories and tracking them. I was just curious if anyone had been to this point and found a way to get past it. I'm so close to my goal, and I know the closer I get, the harder it's going to be to lose the weight, but I'm excited to get there. It's a bit frustrating that I'm not getting closer right now.

I plan on putting my scale away so I'm not tempted to weigh myself and get discouraged. I'll just weigh myself on measurement days. In any case, I'd love any tips you guys could pass on!

Thanks!

Replies

• Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you consume?

I've been at a plateau all this month so I understand your frustration, I'm slowly going to increase my calorie intake to see if shakes things up. I'm also doing cardio with resistance training 3 times per week and see how it goes this month.. A lot of it I feel is about experimenting with what works for you and range
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    How long has it been? Stalls of a couple weeks are totally normal.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Stay married to the process.

Keep striving for growth and improvement for the workouts that you are doing, whether it is steady state cardio, high intensity or lifting.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    How long has it been? Stalls of a couple weeks are totally normal.

I have been at a bit of a stall for the last two weeks so I am glad to read this! Very frustrating but I figured if I just keep tracking and doing what I was doing before, it will all work out in a week or so. I weigh daily and it gets a bit annoying some mornings but I try to remind myself that it should all be okay in the end.

Sorry no advice!