What gives!?

ftt_nyeh
ftt_nyeh Posts: 17
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Ok, so after a whole month of fairly strict dieting and abstaining from beer and the like. I manage to drop maybe a pound or two in that time. I was always around the 2000 calorie mark (which was suggested for me to lose the poundage). last weekend I went out to a couple parties, ate ribs, MacDonalds, greasy rubbish like that... also I got inordinately pissed. This monday I weighed in and was surprised to find that I had dropped 6 pounds during my debauchery. What gives?

Replies

• Amyann44
    Amyann44 Posts: 24 Member
    I don't know if its true but my dad's trainer told him that when you eat mostly healthy and then bad for a couple days you poop it all out because your body's not used to it or something. Again I don't know if he's right but I had the same thing happen
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Maybe your body went "Hey, I'm not going to have to go into starvation mode cuz I just got tons of calories." They say that's the way to do it is to shake it up so your body doesn't get used to anything.......like so few calories. Congrats!
  • spam4jc
    spam4jc Posts: 4 Member
    Since everyone's body is different, you might have mixed the right combination of protein, carbs, fats, and fluid to get you over your initial plateau. All calories are not treated the same by our bodies.
    Keeping track of that combination together with the calories might help figure out if you can get similar results (wouldn't that be fun!)
    However, sometimes it just takes a while for good eating habits to make a difference, so keep at it and best wishes!
This discussion has been closed.