I miss the old me

Options
I miss how my body use to look. I know back when I was in high school I had a good body. I was a dancer so that helped a lot. Problem was back then I could eat whatever and it didnt do a thing. Now I have to watch everything I eat. My biggest problem is eating out. I want to loose at least 30 pounds. Right now I am 167 which is not healthy for my height (5'1). When I didnt eat out a lot I weighed 145 and was happy. I want to get back to that but I need inspiration and motivation. This is where you all come in handy. I need friends on here to cheer me on :)

Replies

• jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request :)
  • dunlol
    dunlol Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I hope by saying you need friends you mean you want friends. If you don't have the motivation to lose the weight yourself, friends on the internet cannot help you very much. Anyways, good luck and I'll be cheering anyone on trying to make a change.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I would love to say that I miss the old me... but I am currently smaller now than I was the day I got married... at 18!! UGH! I would love to at least get back down to 145 by Spring and hopefully reach my goal of 135 by August of this year... I am super supportive and I try to be very honest with my diary... it's open to my friends and I love my gym time... so if you want to add me awesome! I am always looking for super accountable friends!!
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    To be successful, you have got to reach deep inside and find what motivates you. It took me almost 25 years of being very overweight before I found it. It's in there somewhere and you need to find it.

With only 30 lbs to lose, you'll lose slowly and have to be patient. (The higher your initial weight, the faster the weight comes off initially.) A .5 to 1 lb a week goal is certainly doable.

I've been using an app called Healthy Out. You enter your dietary requirements and it will show you the restaurants nearby which have foods meeting those requirements. Select the restaurant then scroll through their selections. You can look at each food item to see the calories, protein, fats etc. Most chain restaurants are in there but you won't find smaller mom and pop type places.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    The motivation and drive has to come from inside. My friends are awesome and amazing at picking me up when I'm having a bad day, but no one but me is responsible for fueling my body and putting in the work at the gym.
  • LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im in the exact same boat as you. You can do this.... its all about starting a new habit... and letting the gym become your new addiction...
  • happyohio
    happyohio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Endlessvines! I am right there with ya. I'm only 5'0" and 159.2 lbs. this morning. In college (ten years ago), I was around 115-120 and looked - and felt - so much better than I do now. Today, I'm a stay at home mom with a toddler, and it's easy for me to eat whatever I want in private, as well as make excuses for not working out. My new year's resolution to lose weight hasn't been very strong, so I decided that today I'd renew my efforts and get to a healthy weight for myself and my family. I would love to help support each other on our journeys! Here's to staying committed to ourselves, living a healthy lifestyle, and having a body we can finally be proud to show off this spring! :)
  • Coetzee88
    Coetzee88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi hi please accept my invite
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi

I could've written this I was a gymnast not dancer though but I ate crap and never gained 1lb now 3 children on im 5ft5 and 166lbs add me we can motivate eachother xxx
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I didn't know how much I missed my old body until I saw it in the mirror again. 30 pounds takes some time but it's worth it. You can even do it eating out if you're careful - I did.

Good luck!