Im addicted to junk food and soda! NEED HELP!

Options
whats the best way to overcome!?!?

Replies

• lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    This video pretty much sums up most things that I have problems with. I think it is straightforward and really works. After you do what it says and the longer you do it the easier it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw
  • stansellj1983
    stansellj1983 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    drink diet soda. it's not as good as water, but you will get used to the taste quick enough and it's at least got no sugar. as for junk food, do you mean things like chips / candy / etc, or like fast food? honestly, the best thing i can think of is setting up a daily calorie limit and stick to it. you'll quickly realize things like fast food (fries and such) will eat up your calories so fast, you won't be able to eat them as much, and you'll start eating things with less calories just so you can physically have more food. it's whats worked for me so far.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I've been told it takes 21 days to crack an addiction and make a positive change. I was the same way w/ sweets, chocolate, candy -- anything sugary. Maintain a balanced diet, have your fruit, veggies, protein, fat, etc and give up the sweets that are causing your woes. Give yourself at least 21 days to kick it. It may be hard, especially at the beginning but you need to stick to it every day. THere's no easy way out.

I've been one month + free of junky type food. I'll have unsweetened iced tea instead of soda, but mostly its water. I get the pang for chocolate, esp at 'that time', but I don't really miss it. I think the 21-day is a valid thing to help overcome your body's craving for it.

PS: Track your sugar as a column, if you aren't already. I went from avg of 120+ grams/sugar a day to average 50 g/day by giving up the sweets.

Hope this helps!
  • kamp150
    kamp150 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    make small changes - instead of getting fries switch it for a side salad

try diet soda (ermagawwwd he said diet soda - come at me aspartame hippies)

try getting your burger without cheese or without condiments like mayo/ketchup

those small changes will add up and help you wean off
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation.

I've tuned back my portions like crazy. I used to get the super sized meal at McD's. Now, I get the Happy Meal. It's got a decent number of calories for a meal and a cool toy that I sometimes give to my kids (and I'm there hero for about 10 minutes before they turn on each other and fight over it).

And Soda is the devil but water can be bland. I tend to mix lemonade, powerade or tea with water so it's not too sweet.