I work with pizza everyday HELP!

Options
i work with pizza everyday and its hard to say no. i know how pathetic that sounds but its the truth. any of you guys experiences the same problem and overcame it?. what advice would you give!?!?

Replies

• pittdan77
    pittdan77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Good luck. That would be the death of me.
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It's NOT pathetic to be weak to pizza! Maybe it would help if you didn't think of pizza as a "forbidden" food because then you'd want it more. Tell yourself that you can eat pizza whenever you want, you just choose not to eat it today.

Also let yourself have a slice sometimes and ENJOY it slowly in front of other people instead of scarfing down a whole pie secretly. Pizza is allowed but log it and stay in your calorie allowance. You can do it!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Say no....
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I work at the movies so being surrounded by popcorn for my entire shift is not exactly easy to overcome. Not to mention all those candies and ice-creams. Some days it's easy to give in. If I really can't beat it I allow myself something small and make sure I have room for it. Bargaining with yourself is usually the key. I allow myself to get something small on my break after I've eaten the lunch/dinner I've brought or to get it after my shift. By the time it's over I don't want the item any more! When I watch a movie I bring water and allow myself one treat. I still bring popcorn home every once in a while to share with my boyfriend who loves the stuff. I may purchase one sweet treat but he always gets popcorn to share so I end up with a generous serve. It's delicious and I love delicious food. Make it fit your life somehow :)

Can you split some pizza with a coworker or friend after a shift? Maybe go somewhere else to buy a treat food? My coworker always goes to the juice bar down the way on her break during a long shift. Could you make pizza for dinner that night at home using naan bread and toppings?
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    If I work with the food for too long, I eventually end up HATING it... but I could never imagine hating pizza.

Here's a crazy idea: If you're getting free slices, can you make a deal with surrounding restaurants? Trade lunches with someone? I used to trade Chinese Food for Pizza Hut Pizza all the time.

If you really like pizza, try eating before you go to work? I really love good pizza. I don't know what I would do if I were in your boat. Sorry.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If I work with the food for too long, I eventually end up HATING it... but I could never imagine hating pizza.

Here's a crazy idea: If you're getting free slices, can you make a deal with surrounding restaurants? Trade lunches with someone? I used to trade Chinese Food for Pizza Hut Pizza all the time.

If you really like pizza, try eating before you go to work? I really love good pizza. I don't know what I would do if I were in your boat. Sorry.

^This^

Prepare as best you can .............eat a salad first.........choose a thin crust all veggie slice whenever possible.

Good luck
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Let yourself have one piece of pizza within your calories?
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I love pizza. I have to eat it at least weekly. There is just something about it. Will never give it up. But, now I only eat 2 pieces.
  • secolomb
    secolomb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i work in a restaurant and have lots ways i can stuff myself with bad food, go to work with a full stomach, and make a snack for later from home, or plan a snack to have that you can make there. liquids fill you up, so drink 0 calorie powerade (grape is mine fav), or chew mint gum, mint curbs your appetite. Or if you are really going to break down and have a slice, do thin crust with lite cheese and tons of veggies! no olives cuz they have alot of cals. hope this helps :)
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I decorate cupcakes for a living..... I'm in the same boat.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    i work with pizza everyday and its hard to say no. i know how pathetic that sounds but its the truth. any of you guys experiences the same problem and overcame it?. what advice would you give!?!?

My advice is to pick a different meat/veggie/cheese combo each day, then the next week, shuffle the mix so that you never get bored. If pizza places paid more money and didn't require weekends, I'd work there too!
  • maria_stafeler
    Options
    Yes It must be hard for you but just control yourself.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,246 Member
    Options
    I love pizza and will never give it up. I have changed to thin crust and usually loads of vegetables. Occasionally, I will make my own and add turkey pepperoni. I make it fit into my daily calorie goals.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Seriously, if you want it bad enough, you will refuse it. I wish there was a magic dust or something but there is only will power.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Seriously, if you want it bad enough, you will refuse it. I wish there was a magic dust or something but there is only will power.

There is a magic dust that makes you not want to eat pizza...or anything else...

lines-of-cocaine-powder-o-007.jpg
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

There is a magic dust that makes you not want to eat pizza...or anything else...

Yeah that's bad magic lol good one
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Yeah that's bad magic lol good one

Yes, it does come with unwanted side effects...
  • catylina71
    Options
    at my gym they offer pizza for free one night of the month.. maybe you can do that, tell yourself that you can have that pizza,,but just not today. or if you are really not able to resist, find out the calories in a slice and eat it and then EXERCISE IT OFF. Exercise cancels out too many calories that throw you over your calorie goals.