RE: Zumba

Options
Stupid question, but do you have to be really coordinated to do it? It looks incredibly fun, but I couldn't *dance* my way out of a box!

Replies

• chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    HI. No, there is someone in my Zumba class who is not super coordinated and who is also trying to lose weight. As our instructor says... as long as we are moving then we are working it. And who knows... who just might find a little coordination inside of you yet!

I hope you go. I started three weeks ago and am totally addicted. I got twice a week and would go three if the gym had another beginner class night.

Good luck!
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. I love to dance but am not good at it. I just added Zumba to my exercise schedule starting next week. I am looking forward to trying it for my first time too. Just do it. I hear it is a lot of fun.
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Zumba is super fun and you will LOVE it! You don't have to be super coordinated...you'll get it eventually.

How are you ladies logging zumba under exercise?
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    not coordinated at all. I have been doing zumba classes since July. I love it. It's a great exercise and if you have a good instructor, you will start learning it and have a blast!
  • amandaf7
    Options
    Do it! My sister and I have taken a few classes and it's a lot of fun! We're totally not coordinated-I swear we burn just as many calories laughing at ourselves as we do moving! A good instructor will get you through it!
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

How are you ladies logging zumba under exercise?

I log it under the dancing, aerobics. I do have an HRM and I can burn anywhere from 300-500 calories in 30-45 minutes. It just depends on which songs she plays.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    No way! I have two left feet and was scared to death of falling, just go and have fun
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I just joined Yoga classes starting next week. We also have Zumba classes.
    Tell me how you like it when you join.
  • fmax46
    Options
    Took first class this morning. Great work out even if you do the basic moves and not a lot of jumping around. Our instructor showed variations depending on what level you feel you're able to do. Really felt it in my calfs and know a epsom salts baths will be calling
    my name tonight :)