Need a little help...

Options
So I've been doing really well. I've lost 13 pounds in my first two weeks (don't know what that was all about, but I always lose really quickly in the beginning), and now I find myself going on ridiculously long walks and exercising a LOT just so I can have the foods I crave. Yesterday I went on a total of 2 hours of walks and did a bellydancing DVD just so I could have Chinese food for dinner, and then only ate half of it, so I was stuck with 500 extra exercise calories. I just feel myself slipping into old habits, and pretty soon I won't exercise that much, I'll just say, "You deserve it," when I don't. I mean, once in a while, it's fine, but I've kind of been on a junk food fix these last couple days, and justifying it by working out a WHOLE lot. I just don't want to slip out of this pattern I've developed. I really want to reach my goal. Please help, anyone that has gotten through this part of it...

Replies

• LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    So I've been doing really well. I've lost 13 pounds in my first two weeks (don't know what that was all about, but I always lose really quickly in the beginning), and now I find myself going on ridiculously long walks and exercising a LOT just so I can have the foods I crave. Yesterday I went on a total of 2 hours of walks and did a bellydancing DVD just so I could have Chinese food for dinner, and then only ate half of it, so I was stuck with 500 extra exercise calories. I just feel myself slipping into old habits, and pretty soon I won't exercise that much, I'll just say, "You deserve it," when I don't. I mean, once in a while, it's fine, but I've kind of been on a junk food fix these last couple days, and justifying it by working out a WHOLE lot. I just don't want to slip out of this pattern I've developed. I really want to reach my goal. Please help, anyone that has gotten through this part of it...
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    i have to admit im slipping into a similar pattern. I just keep trying to tell myself that if I want to keep the weight off I need to get into a good routine and that yes I can have treats but i shouldnt have them all the time because its not reasonable to think that i can go to the gym 5 times a week for the rest of my life. I'm trying now to limit the damage foods to one day (one where I do exercise) and then any excess caloires i burn off during the rest of the week. I think we just need to kick ourselves in the butt and remind ourselves why we are doign this. we are doing it to be more healthy and change our lifestyles and doing this is going to help us!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I think doing this occassionally is OK , But your right whats the point in working your butt off for an extra treat if it's just going to be junk. It's not just about staying in your calorie range but also the foods we choose. Don't get me wrong I worked my butt off the other night so I could have a slice of homemade coconut cream pie. But it isn't something I think we should be doing daily. For ME I know I shouldn't cause like you I fear it would become habit to eat those things all the time again. Best of luck getting over this hurdle! :flowerforyou:
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    I think it's easier to stick to 3-4 times a week exercising than 1.5hours every day because you can be exhausted and tired of it soon.
    Just a thought :flowerforyou: