You made the right choice!

Options
*I posted this on the introduce yourself board but thought it would be better here.*

Hi everyone!

I have been on MFP for a few months now, but only recently got serious about it. I have a LOT to lose....well over 100 pounds to be where I want to be. Today marked 20 pounds of weight loss, and for me that is a BIG DEAL as I haven't been able to really commit to my weight loss before. I know deep down that this is my time as my entire mentality has *finally* changed.

I know this is the usual first stop for someone new to this site. I wanted to let you all know that you made the right choice by signing up on here, and that I am so proud of you for taking the first step! I also want you to know how many people you will have rooting for you........really truly 100% on your side. I never knew that so many "strangers" could really care about whether or not I lost weight, but I have found some really great and invaluable people on here that encourage me daily.

Weight loss is definitely a process, and can be so frustrating sometimes. There are great days, good days, so-so days, not-so-good days, and TERRIBLE days. Hell, there can even be terrible weekends, or weeks, or months.....and that's okay too! As long as the time comes when you realize you aren't making the best eating choices, and make it a point to pick yourself up, wipe the crumbs off of your face (LOL!) and get back on track. And one thing I have struggled with is to NOT beat yourself up over it. One of my MFP friends really hit home when he told me that "as long as you have more good days than bad, you are doing pretty good!" Try to keep that in mind! :)

I need all the support I can get, and I love following and encouraging the journey of others, so please feel free to add me. Remember that you didn't gain the weight overnight and you aren't going to lose the weight overnight, but it will happen. YOU ARE WORTH IT!! :)

Have a great day!

Lisa

Replies

• RunMfd
    RunMfd Posts: 3
    Options
    I concur! I closed out my Loseit.com account after using this one because the food database is larger and I think the interface is better organized with more options. All of my working out and eating healthy has yielded few results and I couldn't figure out why it's so hard for me to lose weight. I hate counting calories, but this site made it easier and in 2 days I have lost just under 2 pounds!!! Amazing!! I run a lot too, so I know it's a combination. I am just super pumped to results so fast!
  • ww1981
    ww1981 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well said! MFP is so helpful and I know that seeing what others are accomplishing reminds me to stay on track!!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    True! Well said!
  • footballpeach
    Options
    I agree. I stopped Weight Watchers, it just wasn't working this time around. Loving MFP and it's free!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    love your posativity (is that even a word? oh well I still love it!) - and there is alot of truth here, most of us just are not robots :)
  • starling13
    starling13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    love your posativity (is that even a word? oh well I still love it!) - and there is alot of truth here, most of us just are not robots :)

positivity FTFY ;) and I also love the support on mfp it's just full of great people :D
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I think people give up on themselves too easily most of the time when they want to lose weight. You have to have patience and determination. They give up when they don't see results instantly. You have the right attitude! Everytime you fall you have to get right back up!
  • lrob98
    lrob98 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more! I joined MFP a couple months ago, after a wake-up call at the doctor's office. As of my last weigh-in this morning, I'm down 23lbs! I know I've got a long ways to go, but I can't give up! MFP has given me the tools & info I need to succeed!