My boss buys me a chocolate croissant every Friday...HELP!!

Options

Replies

• juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    >I know what you're all going to say - "just don't eat it!!", but when your boss puts it on your desk, it's hard to resist the temptation

Isn't that kind of the point? But anyway, no need to stress out over a chocolate pasty on the weekend, so as others have said maybe ask him not to put one on your desk.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    +1 first world problems. Give it to me. I'll eat it all.

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I would just make rooms for it. I'm jealous.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Advice - dont eat it....
  • pmdhardy
    pmdhardy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just take it home, or hide it in your drawer and then throw it out..lol.. I have done that before.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Thank your boss, immediately cut it in half, baggie the other half, and enjoy chocolatey goodness on Saturday, too. Two days with chocolate croissants that you can budget for the smaller portions! Asking for a mini-croissant is a good idea as well as the pay it forward idea. Enjoy!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    It's hard to resist, but not impossible. Sounds like a personal problem! You could either not eat it, eat it, eat half of it and save the other half for tomorrow, or ask him to stop buying them.

And...I wish my boss brought me a chocolate croissant every week!
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I would probably work it in, especially if it's something you really love and enjoy.
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A couple of options... consider it a weekly treat (I'm a firm believer in your stick with this if you allow yourself the occasional indulgence); politely ask your boss to get you something healthier; eat 1/2 of it Friday and save half for later; or find someone to share with. Don't swear off of treats and indulgences altogether, though. It will eventually lead to a crash and binge.
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    You could always say something like "Oh, don't waste your hard-earned money on buying me a croissant. I don't need - I'm trying to cut back anyway." This way, it looks as if you're trying to save your boss the cash and you're thinking of him/her, while really you're trying to be good to yourself. I understand the predicament, and I'm curious to see how it ends up.
  • salendire
    Options
    Throw it away and don't let the guilt eat you. It's just a croissant!!!!!! :laugh: It's not like you're throwing away a bar of gold.

Uh, don't throw it away. It's terrible to throw away perfectly good food.

Account for it in your day, you know it's coming, you love eating it, just work around it.

One of my favourite part quotes from Oscar Wilde is “The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself..."
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I never know how people who start these threads expect us to respond. It's not like there are 4 dozen options here. Eat the thing, give it to someone else, or throw it away. Pick one.

If you want to eat it, make it fit into your week. If you can't find a way, in 7 days, to give yourself an extra 420 calories, you aren't trying very hard.

Or don't make it fit, and eat it anyway. 420 calories is like a 10th of a pound. You'll live.

If you can't give it to someone else, then toss the thing or wrap it up and take it home. Surely someone will eat it.

And I don't want to hear about "temptation." You're a grown-up.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I never know how people who start these threads expect us to respond. It's not like there are 4 dozen options here. Eat the thing, give it to someone else, or throw it away. Pick one.

If you want to eat it, make it fit into your week. If you can't find a way, in 7 days, to give yourself an extra 420 calories, you aren't trying very hard.

Or don't make it fit, and eat it anyway. 420 calories is like a 10th of a pound. You'll live.

If you can't give it to someone else, then toss the thing or wrap it up and take it home. Surely someone will eat it.

And I don't want to hear about "temptation." You're a grown-up.
    yup-o.gif
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    this mystery chocolate croissant sounds like it would go amazingly well with my coffee right now.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Do you enjoy the croissant? Do you have one once a week?
    If it's a routine, you should be able to work it in.

We have cake for birthdays here. We had cake on Wednesday and Thursday. I had half a piece and fruit both days. It hasn't sent me off the charts, it hasn't made me gain weight, it hasn't ruined my progress.

You can't avoid temptations for the rest of your life. This is for life. (well, for me it is!)
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've really had to learn that for me it's not about perfection. I would log it, eat it, enjoy it, and be over it. Then I would think what a cool boss that brings me such a nice goody. It's just a chocolate croissant - not a pink slip - enjoy it.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I would be glad to help. Please simply send the chocolate croissant to me. It's one of my very favorite things, and I will either make room for it or I will gladly accept the results that come from eating it.
  • cherie515
    cherie515 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually have 300-400 calorie breakfasts, I'd probably just eat it and consider it my "not so healthy" Friday breakfast. I kind of think it would be akward to come out and say don't buy that for me or make it healthier. Just depends on your relationship with your boss.
    I personally would have to check mine for stick pins or poison, a ha ah just kidding.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the advice MFP crew.

I think on Thursday I will tell him not to buy me one on Friday. I only like to allow myself a treat on a weekend. Suppose if the temptation isn't there in the first I have no option.

I can always buy myself one once a month.

The only other alternative is to not say anything and give it to the first person who comes to claim it - enough of you on here seem to want it!
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You could tell him that although they're delicious you would prefer hugs and kisses instead.