Chicken Kiev 357 Calories

Squash97
Squash97 Posts: 84
edited September 21 in Recipes
This recipe is from my Taste of Home cookbook and it was delicious!

Chicken Kiev

1/4 cup butter - softened (I used smart balance)
1 TBSP Minced Chives
1 Garlic Clove - minced
6 Boneless skinless Chicken breast halves (8 oz each) * That's a VERY large chicken breast and the 357 calories = eating a WHOLE 8oz chicken breast.
3/4 cup crushed corn flakes (I used bread crumbs)
2 TBSP minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tsp dried Thyme
1/3 cup Buttermilk
Salt and pepper

1) In a small bowl, combine the butter, chives and garlic. Shape into a 3" x 2" rectangle on wax paper. Cover and freeze until firm (about 30 minutes)

2) Flatten chicken to 1/4" thick (I just butterflied it open). Cut the butter mixture lengthwise into six pieces; place one piece in center of each chicken breast half. Fold short sides over butter; fold long sides over and secure with toothpicks.

3) In a shallow dish (I did all this while waiting for my butter to freeze up), combine the cornflakes, parsley, paprika, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Dip the ckicken into the buttermilk, then coate evenly with cornflake mixture.

4) Place chicken seam side down in a greased baking pan. Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes (I only did 20 minutes and it was perfect. I think 35 would dry it out). Remove toothpicks before serving.

I served this with wild rice and steamed veggies. One WHOLE chicken breast is 357, so you could just cut it in half and make a low calorie balanced meal full of protien! I hope you guys like it as much as we did!!!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.