Getting Fit for Wedding

Options
Hi all!
I'm at that point in life (mid 20's) when I'm realizing my body is changing and my lifestyle needs to change with it. Gone are the days of barely considering calories and exercise was simply part of my active lifestyle.

Now with a desk job (that I really like) and living with my fiance-- I hit the over 200lbs mark. At 5'9, it's not terribly big-- I wear between a 12 and 14... however, I feel dumpy and doughy. I just bought my perfect wedding dress and want it to fit like a dream. Ideally, I want it taken in to a size 10!

My goal-- lose 30 lbs in as many weeks!

Starting out, I plan to exercise doing a half hour of cardio 4 times a week, followed by resistance band training for my arms and back.

I'm doing a low carb, high protein/ veggie diet 6 days a week and 1 cheat day where I can have all the pasta and bread I want at meal times.

I find this is the only diet I have been able to maintain. The cheat day is the key for me-- I don't feel utterly deprived. Instead of looking at cake and cookies and thinking, "I can never have that again," I'm thinking instead, "I'm gonna add that to my cheat day list!"

I would love to make some connections on here and learn more about your challenges and successes.

We can do it!

Replies

• MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Ha, too funny. I'm also getting married. Only 6 weeks away now though.

Are you doing the slow carb diet by any chance? I am kind of following it now, not strictly but trying to eat clean and I cut out dairy and gluten for allergy reasons.
  • linszoh
    Options
    Yes! It's kind of a combination between the slow carb, paleo and clean eating diets.

I'm lucky enough not to have any gluten issues-- but I noticed when I do have my cheat days that I can only have a little bit of bread. My body has taken to rejecting large amounts of carbs.

You look great! Down 40lbs? Congrats!
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yes. Truthfully, I mostly just portion controlled for the first 25-30...since that was really EXTRA weight it was easier to lose. I'm 130 lbs right now and could probably be happy here for the most part BUT I'm only going to be in my 20's with a fair amount of free time once so I may as well see what I can do!
  • make_it_so
    make_it_so Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I need to get fit for my wedding too! We can be friends if you want!
  • Anniewantstolose
    Options
    Also getting married and trying to get more "Beach" ready :) I cut out bread, pasta, dairy and junk food (with the exception of a cheat day as well) . I started insanity yesterday we'll see how that'll go :D