Work Out Timing?

Options
Hello there,

I have been doing my work out at gym at the evening...But becuase i had to go out of town today...so i went to gym early morning first time ever...and to be honest i enjoyed it...

I want to ask you guys if working out at the morning is fine and equally beneficial? or should i go back to evening work outs?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    You should let your personal preferences and lifestyle dictate the best time for you to workout.

Sounds like for you, that's morning.
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    i can do both times..but at the evening i do get some work to do...

i still got a question I want to ask you guys if working out at the morning is fine and equally beneficial? or should i go back to evening work outs?
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    i can do both times..but at the evening i do get some work to do...

i still got a question I want to ask you guys if working out at the morning is fine and equally beneficial? or should i go back to evening work outs?

It doesn't matter. Choose a time that works for you
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Do it whenever you feel like it. The last thing I need in my life is more stress because I have to do my workout at a specific time.
  • vamred
    vamred Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have found out the the following
    (a) Working out in the early morning -- one has to deal only with feeling sleepy and going to sleep early to get your 7 or 8 hours of sleep in
    (b) Working out in the evening -- Work get piled up and tend to put working out in the back-burner

This works for me, my consistency has improved by working out in the morning. That is my opinion
  • amastre
    amastre Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My schedule varies a lot from day to day, so I just grab whatever time I can to work out on my training days. I prefer early afternoons, but usually have to do evening workouts. Just means I drink a bit more caffeine before hitting the weights.
  • JnK619
    JnK619 Posts: 320
    Options
    I like the morning. I have everything ready the night before and put it in my car, including my shower gear. This way if I get lazy I have to go to my car to get my shower gear and that keeps me from getting lazy.

Also, if I do it afterwork I can come up with reasons (excuses) not to go.
  • ErinSchramm
    Options
    Agree with others, find what works best for you. I personally do it before work, right after breakfast (30ish mins so I don't get barfy feeling LOL).

I find myself too tired or too scatter-brained if I wait to do it when I get home. Plus, I've run into the issue of working out and then not being able to sleep that night.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I prefer in the morning, because no matter how crappy my day goes, at least I worked out already.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I want to ask you guys if working out at the morning is fine and equally beneficial? or should i go back to evening work outs?

Personally I struggle to run effectively in the morning but cycling or swimming is ok. I find my joints, particularly my ankles, are very stiff. Broken ankles and torn ligaments don't help.

I prefer to train in the evening, and it works for me. It's just a question of being disciplined enough to carve out the time.