So so nervous about calories

Options
I'm really scared about eating too many of my calories back how much is a good number to eat back.

Replies

• littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I've heard 50-75%. Assuming your diary is accurate, you could probably afford to eat more calories. Try not to worry too much, you'll experience a gradual trend as an indicator, not an overnight disaster. Good luck!
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It depends on what exercise(s) you are doing. Some numbers in the database are pretty close, while others run high. It takes some experimentation. If you're nervous, try 50% to start. If you're losing faster than your plan, or if you don't have good energy, bump that up. I've found my Fitbit adjustment is right on, luckily.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    No reason to be nervous - the daily goal you're given BEFORE exercise already has you at a deficit. If you ate to goal every day without doing any exercise at all you'd lose weight. This is why the exercise cals are added back in - not doing so leaves you with too large a deficit which can cause problems over time.

So don't be afraid to eat them back (especially if your daily goal is 1200 cals) - even if you eat them all and bring your net cals to goal, you'll be at a deficit.

Food is fuel! :drinker: