Ready for a new me!

Options
Hi, im Heidi. I already introduced myself, but i wasnt open enough. Im 29 years old, a cosmetologist, have 3 kids and married. Ive suffered from depression and was on medication. Ive been off the medication for 4 years now. But i gained weight like crazy after getting off the pills, like 35lbs. Then i had a baby in 2012 and gained more weight. I started exercizing and eating well and lost 24lbs,and then i gained it all back again! So now my goal is 60lbs and ready to lose it for good and feel better about myself.

Replies

• jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal. We can do this! Logging foods and exercises has really opened up my eyes. It can be a struggle putting ourselves first when you have kids but in the long run we need to do it for our families.
  • heidilaboy9
    Options
    You are so right! Yes we can do this. And logging in my food has been incredible. Now i can see everything i was putting in my mouth Lol!
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    You are so right! Yes we can do this. And logging in my food has been incredible. Now i can see everything i was putting in my mouth Lol!

It definitely makes you reconsider that hunk of cheese or granola bar that you think is "no big deal".
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Hi Heidi, your at the right place. I love MFP... it has helped me lose 75lbs!!!! I currently have 5lbs to go to get to my current weight. I log everyday and encourage my friends. Anyone is welcome to add me. Good luck!!!