Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Nearly a year and look at me now!

So I started my weight loss journey in April 2011, right after my youngest daughter was born. I weighed 240, had high blood pressure and HATED my body. I had no energy and stuffed my face every time I ate. Enough was enough! I cut down my portions and started doing reeeeally low impact exercise (and breast feeding). I lost about 30 pounds then got complacent and quit. I stayed at 205-210 for almost 2 years. Then in February 2013, my husband and I went to a rock concert (Otherwise, Stone Sour and Papa Roach - awesome!!!) I wanted to wear a really cool jacket I had bought when I was 18...but alas it wouldn't fit! So I joined a community meltdown challenge, lost 12 more pounds and then found MFP!

I didn't have many friends on my old profile (forgot I had started this one waaay back) and lost 30 more pounds from February to June/July. I stayed at 168-170 for a couple months, then started again and lost a little more. With my new profile (and 50 less pounds) I added a bunch of friends, joined an 8-week challenge group and have lost another 15 pounds. I'm now 7.5 pounds from my "goal" and think I could probably stand to lose even more.

I have NO pictures from when I weighed 240 (don't want to remember anyway) so my first picture is about 200 pounds in February of last year.

SW: 240
CW: 154.6
GW: 147 (or less...?!)

Also - please forgive the images' poor quality and if they're too big...I tried to resize and they looked stupid. They did look ok on the test message I sent myself so hopefully this works.

I've started body weight exercises and a little lifting...let's see where it takes me!

image_zps0fb57b96.jpg

image_zps1110fbac.jpg

image_zpsac0a174e.jpg

Please be kind - this is scary for me, but I'm pretty proud! And forgive me if my Math's a little off...that's not my forte!

Seriously...someone help me with resizing. Ugggggh!!!

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    You look great! Awesome job!!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    You look so good! You should be really proud. Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,123 Member
    Congrats! You look great!
  • BritBrit515
    BritBrit515 Posts: 18 Member
    You look amazing! Great Job! Keep up the hard work, you should be so proud of yourself!
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    You look great!! :smile:
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    10pygw3.jpg

345mvwo.jpg

35b5grm.jpg

Maybe that helps. Looking great!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    You look wonderful and should be very proud!! Great work! :drinker:
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Nice job! You totally sound like me... I'm at about where you started. I'm hoping to post success story pics someday too. Congrats on your sucess.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Great job!!! Very inspiring to know this can be done!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    You look amazing!!
  • How inspiring! I started at 206 on 1/22/14. I'm already down 5.5 lbs, but I ultimately have 60.5 lbs to go! Your pictures inspire me that I might actually look pretty darn hot before I even get to my goal weight! :) Although, I'm only 5'3"... not sure how tall you are.
  • gdurham2014
    gdurham2014 Posts: 27 Member
    Great job, keep up the good work. Very inspiring!!!
  • MrsAustin1480
    MrsAustin1480 Posts: 83 Member
    Oh! I'm 5'6.5" (that .5 is important!! :-D) and I now have a 31" waist...started at about 37" so YAY!!
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    You have done and continue to do an amazing job =) You are a rockstar!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    You look fantastic! Congratulations on your success!
  • SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Great Job sticking with it!! You look great
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    You look awesome!!!! I hope to share some pics when I hit my one year mark! :drinker: :happy:
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Be proud! You have achieved a great result, and have obvioulsy put in lots of hard work, congrats!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    You look awesome!!! Great job.
  • Congrats! You are awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!