1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 sprig thyme
5 basil leaves
2 cups chicken stock or tomato juice
1/4 cup white wine or vinegar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

To make the tomatoes: Slice tomatoes into 4 or 5 1/4-inch slices. Season with salt and pepper. Spread goat cheese on each slice liberally. Dust lightly in flour. Then dip each into beaten eggs and coat with bread crumbs. Refrigerate.

To make the sauce: Saute peppers, onions and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until soft, about 15 minutes. Add thyme, basil leaves, chicken stock, white wine, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Puree in food processor or blender and season to taste.

To finish: As sauce cooks, heat oil in a deep-fat fryer to 350 degrees. Remove tomatoes from refrigerator, and with a slotted spoon, lower them into the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crisp on all sides. (If you don't want to deep-fry, tomatoes may also be fried on both sides in about 1 inch of hot oil.) Drain on paper towels. Add dandelion greens to the hot oil and fry until crisp.
Cut tomatoes in half. Pour pureed sauce onto plates and top with tomatoes. Place greens on top or side.

Serves 6

Per serving (with chicken stock): 307 calories, 12 grams protein, 16 grams fat (percent calories from fat, 47), 32 grams carbohydrates, 153 milligrams cholesterol, 222 milligrams sodium, 3 grams fiber.

Replies

• krissysmith328
    krissysmith328 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing but I think I’ll try to bake them. And I truly mean AMAZING! You must be a really good cook!