Squeezing workouts in at work...

Options
So, I work at a Traffic Safety company and we have 10lb cones in our show room..what can I do exercise with them on my 1/2 hour break??

I was thinking I could try and hold a cone (to start out and then work my way up to more) while I do squats or lunges???

Suggestions very much welcomed! :)

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    several stacked safety cones are quiet heavy- I remember having to load/unload them.

You can can do a russian twist variation and stack them from side to side (you're sitting- feet up/feet down whatever- pick ti up on the left- restack to your right)

also you could move them across the room- have stacks- move them one at a time to the other side- jog or sprint.

over head press
    squats
    side lunges

they are just an awkward weight to use. but a weight none the less.
  • Ncocci26
    Options
    several stacked safety cones are quiet heavy- I remember having to load/unload them.

You can can do a russian twist variation and stack them from side to side (you're sitting- feet up/feet down whatever- pick ti up on the left- restack to your right)

also you could move them across the room- have stacks- move them one at a time to the other side- jog or sprint.

over head press
    squats
    side lunges

they are just an awkward weight to use. but a weight none the less.
    [/quote

Thank you for the suggestion. You know I have been here for almost 3 months and haven't picked one up yet, but then again I am one of the secretaries here so I am sitting at my desk most of the day. I try and get up and walk to an office to ask someone a questions or tell them something instead of using the intercom on the phone. Trying to get in some movement when I can. The cones kinda stare at me all day in the show room and I just thought, why not, they are 10lbs. We also have a good size hill/driveway here that I would love to utilize when the weather gets warmer (can't exercise or walk hard out in the cold because of my asthma), but was thinking I could carry one or two up and down the hill/driveway.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion. You know I have been here for almost 3 months and haven't picked one up yet, but then again I am one of the secretaries here so I am sitting at my desk most of the day. I try and get up and walk to an office to ask someone a questions or tell them something instead of using the intercom on the phone. Trying to get in some movement when I can. The cones kinda stare at me all day in the show room and I just thought, why not, they are 10lbs. We also have a good size hill/driveway here that I would love to utilize when the weather gets warmer (can't exercise or walk hard out in the cold because of my asthma), but was thinking I could carry one or two up and down the hill/driveway.

Gurl I hear you- I used to work construction outside- now I'm inside all the time. try to get movement in where ever I can.
    move a stack of 10 down the hill one at a time.. then bring them back up- that alone should take you 30 minutes- good use of yoru time.
    :)

Good for you trying to get moving more often- it can be hard!
  • Ncocci26
    Options
    Oh I like that suggestion of moving the cones down the hill!! Will definitely try that and let you know how that works. Thankfully I have a guy here that needs to loose 15 lbs and will do it with me!! :) Come on nice weather!!!