2014 Goal - Lose 50 pounds. 20 down... My story and tips.

January 2nd I weighed 231.6 lbs. I'm a 31 year-old male, never really did much exercise. Lots of junk food, snacking, fast food and diet sodas.

It's now January 31st and I weighed in at 211.2 lbs this afternoon, a loss of 20.4 lbs in 30 days.

I'm keeping this journal to monitor my progress and explain my routine.

CHEAT DAYS - One every 2 weeks.
--- Cheat Day #1 consisted of 3/4 of a big box $6.99 Friday's boneless buffalo wings and light sour cream in addition to my usual diet. Also some Doritos in there and a little ice cream.
--- Cheat Day #2 consisted of 4 big slices of pizza, an 800 calorie order of Popeye's Shrimp Tacklebox (8 Butterfly Shrimp, Cajun Fries, Biscuit, Diet Soda) some mozz sticks and a small eclair.

BEER & ALCOHOL
--- Every other Tuesday I go to karaoke and drink 3-5 beers.
--- On Fridays and Saturdays I try to drink a little slower than I did before. Certainly with eating right and losing weight, you don't need as much beer for a buzz. Instead of 10-13 beers now I have 4-7. Only beer is MILLER LIGHT (96 calories).

EVERYDAY FOOD
--- I try to keep it to 1300 calories a day (my beer days change this).
--- Progresso Light Soups at no more than 200 calories a can.
--- Campbell's Light Chicken Noodle Soup at 180 calories a can.
--- Grilled Chicken. Lots of it.
--- Grilled swordfish.
--- Asparagus.
--- Baby carrots to snack on.
--- I love apples and oranges and occasionally bananas now.
--- Do you NEED potato chips? Then go for the $1.09 bags of Baked Lays (160 calories) or the much tastier Baked Herr's Jalapeno Chips (160 calories) for a snack.
--- The amazing 250 calories Green Leaf's & Bananas NON-FAT YOGURT & STRAWBERRY& ACAI & POMEGRANATE SMOOTHIE
--- Tyson Grilled or Southwest Grilled Chicken. Entire bag is like 900 calories. A HUGE portion fills you up at like 300 calories. Mix that with salad.
--- Lots of water or your muscles will ache.
--- Diet soda if you must. Try to avoid it, it takes the body awhile to get rid of it despite being 0 calories and can discourage you on the scale.
--- Remember, every 16 ounces of liquid is a pound on the scale.

So I'm doing well, I've got a good gym cycle going. About 10 days in, I stopped "having to put up with an hour at the gym" and now I really look forward to going. Run hard one day and lift the next.

I'm hoping to be 40 pounds down by like March 5th. That would be incredible to me.

You can do it. 7 days in and you'll already feel better. ENDURE!

Anyone that wants to tag along and chat it up in this thread, let's go. CHANGE IT UP, IT'S 2014 LET'S DO THIS.