Low Calorie Meal Ideas for Italian Food Lovers

Options
Hey MFP buds! Since starting this journey I have left all my fav Italian dishes in the past. I miss them though, does anyone have any low cal 'go to' Italian dishes they could recommend? Thanks all

Replies

• mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Meatballs & marinara sauce over spaghetti squash! There are a lot of healthy meatball recipes floating around out there. One of my favorites is ground turkey & spinach.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    pesto with mushrooms, chicken breast, a slice of bacon and barilla plus penne. about 500 calories.
  • shayjgordon
    shayjgordon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I make a veggie sauce (a ton of veggies, cooking spray or chicken stock instead of oil, and hunts no salt added tomato sauce) over half a serving of Catelli smart pasta or multigrain pasta....if you actually weigh out the box serving it's a huge portion so I only weigh out and cook half. ...it works out to be 200-250 cals depending on how much veggies and sauce I use. I love pasta and cant give it up so I would even do an extra long workout to budget it in :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Meatballs & marinara sauce over spaghetti squash! There are a lot of healthy meatball recipes floating around out there. One of my favorites is ground turkey & spinach.

I was going to say that... It's what I had at lunch, except chicken sausage instead of meatballs. So good.

You can check skinnytaste.com for ideas too, and there are other sites I'm sure.
  • b2kelly
    b2kelly Posts: 62
    Options

I am making this tonight bless you so excited!
  • C21x
    C21x Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Marinara is quite a bit lower in calories then an Alfredo. I always try to have broccoli and cauliflower that will reduce the amount of pasta. A whole wheat pasta will satisfy you better then white. I have also done a vegan Cashew sauce that is really good and good for you. You can find these recipes on the net.
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I just got a spirulia slicer tool - basically you stick a zucchini in it and spin it around and it cuts it into "pasta" ribbons! Sautee w/a little olive oil and top w/whatever sauce you like! I've done meat sauce and a shrimp and scallop scampi sauce so far. Both were awesome!