Anybody have a suggestion for a Calorimeter brand?

Options
Hi there. Just bought a calorimeter watch at Target and it sucks! I kicked my own butt in tae bo and it said i burned 19 calories when i looked it up here and this site claims ~250 (judging by hard it was - i'm thinking this at least more accurate).

i would LOVE to get a calorimeter watch to more accurately document my activities. Anybody know of any good brands? willing to spend between 20 and 120 bucks if its good.

thanks!

p.s. just joined and would love some friends!~ i'll support you if you support me! thanks!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Polar is probably the best bet for getting calories burned, just get one with a chest strap, I have a Polar FT7 and I love it
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    The #1 best way to track calories burned is to use a BodyBugg. It is a little expensive but it is more accurate than anything else. It tracks calories burned according to more that just heartrate. I think it measures body temp and all that. You can get it at 24 hours fitness online.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Polar is good and I use a gowear fit which is a body bugg. You can find polar in just about any sporting goods store and online and gowearfit.com for the armband option.