Frustrated..

Options
I work out twice a week with a trainer and have now added the gym at my job, mostly participating in running on the treadmill and the bike.. since the 17th I have not lost a single lb. and I'm really frustrated.. I have been sticking to healthy eating but it's not working.. I have tried a detox before and lost 8lbs in the 1st week.. what gives?

Replies

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Lower your calorie intake..if your eating 1600 try 1500, for two weeks... and keep going down, until you see the weight go down
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie intake? and are you making sure you are tracking accurately everything that you eat or drink? I had a while where I ate well during the weeks and exercised a lot but thought that I could cheat a little on the weekends and not track. I didn't lose anything for a couple months. Now that I am tracking absolutely everything even on the weekends I am finally seeing a loss. If you are sure that you are tracking accurately it could just be that your body is adjusting to the new workout routine and after it adjusts you will start to see your weight go down. I am not expert by any means but this is observations from personal experiences.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I rarely lose a pound in 2 weeks anymore either. It depends on how much you still have left to lose. If that's you in the picture, you don't look like you have much to lose.

You could follow the advice of Commander Kee if you want to slow your metabolism and lose lean body mass.... I don't personally recommend it.

You also changed up your routine which will also affect your results for a short time.

Is the scale your only measure of progress? Because it's the crappiest one. Start taking measurements and figuring out body fat percentage.

Please have patience and adopt a permanent lifestyle that you can stick with forever. I would caution against any advice that tells you to cut calories as much as possible. Pick a plan that has you eating at only a small deficit. Under-eating sucks and weight loss will stall even more.
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the others be patient. When you start a new routine your body goes through an adjustment period and its not uncommon to even gain a few pounds during that period. depending on the person, it can take 3-6 weeks for your body to adjust and start losing weight. So make sure you are tracking everything accurately, drink lots of water and give it a little time. Also dont put all of your focus on weight loss. Sometimes you will see changes in the way your clothes fit or lost inches before the weight comes off. I went through 90 days of P90X and never lost 1 single pound but I lost a ton of inches :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't a lot of time to determine whether or not a program is working. With the detox you lost a lot of water weight very quickly; it's common at the start of a diet too. Conversely, when you start a new exercise routine or increase an old one it's not uncommon to gain a little water weight, which can mask any fat loss that's happening. Hormones, sodium, stress, etc. can also add water weight.

Double check that you are logging accurately (we can't see your diary, so I've no idea if you are logging or not). It is possible that you're eating more than you think either through logging inconsistencies or eating back too many exercise calories if you're relying on MFP or gym machine estimates.