Umm Guys...Why didn't you tell me about butter coffee?

Options
2»

Replies

• birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I save my butter intake for seafood, homemade bread and cookies. :happy:

I put butter on everything :drinker:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Hot greased coffee sh*ts.
  • Cueball55
    Cueball55 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    +1

So good.
  • CiCi924
    Options
    I used to put coconut oil in my coffee and blend it in the blender. It made it more creamy instead of oily. Was really good! I don't really like coffee too much, but that definitely helped the flavor. I felt like I had a ton more energy after drinking it, more so than with just regular coffee.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Hot greased coffee sh*ts.

+1 all damn day
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I drink butter coffee EVERY DAY.....love it
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    could someone actually explain this? I have never heard of it - I drink my coffee black no sugar but once in a while I crave one with some added flavor
  • mypersonalfitnessjourney
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee is the BOMB! I add one tablespoon of unsalted Kerrygold butter (you can literally taste the difference between grass-fed butter and regular butter) and one tablespoon of NOW Sports MCT oil (even more health benefits than coconut oil, which is a form of MCT oil) to my coffee (which already has cream, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and Da Vinci SF syrup - usually English Toffee or Eggnog flavor).

The most important part of making good bulletproof coffee is to BLEND it, not mix it. If you mix it, you'll end up with a greasy, oily mess. If you blend it (I use a Magic Bullet for this step), you'll get a frothy, foamy latte.

Bulletproof coffee has put me into an even deeper state of ketosis and has helped me lose a bit of extra weight as well. I know tons of low-carbers who SWEAR by it and insist it is the main reason they have lost so much weight so quickly. Everyone's body is different, but BP coffee is definitely worth a shot.
  • FitForRiding
    Options
    Whip together Coffee, Fit Frappe and a tablespoon of coconut oil. Filling and sustaining.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    His "about Dave" is good for some laughs too, lowering his biological age and losing 100lbs without using calories or exercise!?!? He must have used time distortion and mana from heaven for energy:

"About Dave Asprey

Silicon Valley investor, computer security expert, and entrepreneur who spent 15 years and $300,000 to hack his own biology. He used techniques to upgrade his brain by >20 IQ points, lowered his biological age, and lost 100 lbs without using calories or exercise."
  • mypersonalfitnessjourney
    Options
    His "about Dave" is good for some laughs too, lowering his biological age and losing 100lbs without using calories or exercise!?!? He must have used time distortion and mana from heaven for energy:

"About Dave Asprey

Silicon Valley investor, computer security expert, and entrepreneur who spent 15 years and $300,000 to hack his own biology. He used techniques to upgrade his brain by >20 IQ points, lowered his biological age, and lost 100 lbs without using calories or exercise."
    No time distortion or mana from heaven required. Just ketosis.
  • RunsSober
    Options
    I'm going to research it more and try it with coconut oil as some suggested. I thought it was delicious (and probably better with grass-fed butter) and will keep drinking it even if it has no weight loss or energy benefits.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I used to do this as a kid. It's delicious and a great way to get insane amounts of calories down quickly.

'Course, now i'm an adult on MFP, so people will have to make their own determination on whether or not its worth it for them.
  • hurricanegirl13
    Options
    As a avid coffee drinker, I'm probably going to try this just because it sounds interesting.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options

"About Dave Asprey

No time distortion or mana from heaven required. Just ketosis.

He's then using fat calories...still calories. He may have meant "using calorie counting" maybe, not sure but its very amusing :)