NSV Discipline and habit

Options
Tonight I was not able to get to the gym as we are having some icy conditions where we are at. I told myself no big deal I can do some taebo and strength training exercises at home. Well once I got home put the groceries away and played with the dog then sat on the couch for a few I started getting that little voice in my head saying "just skip it tonight you deserve the rest".Then I thought of a post that was on here about motivation vs. disipline and habit and how it really resonated with me that it's not the lack of motivation but the lack of discipline and habit. So I told myself "you deserve to workout cause it feels wonderful once you do so JUST DO IT". WORKOUT DONE!!!! Discipline and habit who would have thought.

Replies

• mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    amen! good job.. and exactly you feel soo much better when your done! I read a thing (fb post or something) once that said the ONLY workout you regret is the one you DIDN'T do!
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    And THAT'S how you'll accomplish your goals. Great job motivating yourself, & great job being flexible enough to still get work in when the weather became an obstacle........
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This web comic by Matt Inman (The Oatmeal) is also inspirational, and wicked funny too:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    High Five Up top!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This web comic by Matt Inman (The Oatmeal) is also inspirational, and wicked funny too:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

"I run to eat" This man gets me.
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Day 2 of icy weather and taebo. Bring it on!!!
    n!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!