Those doing C25k...

abbiez
abbiez Posts: 229 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm doing the program outside for the first time today and im on week 3.. last time I did week 2 on a treadmill it said I burned 171 cals, now i broke down week 3's schedule.. its 14min brisk walking, 9min jogging and im getting 144 cals. Should I track what i was burning on week 2 for now? I'm investing in a HRM very soon, im just very broke right now :-)

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    I too did it outside without a HRM (Im broke) so I divided up the walking and jogging and checked the calories as individuals and then added them together and created an exercise for each week. Hope that helps for now. :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    It's very difficult to accurately estimate this kind of activity (mixed activity) with any kind of accuracy - I'd highly recommend investing in a HRM or BodyBugg type device if you can. There are some pretty affordable "no-frills" type HRM's available - Amazon.com usually has some deals, as do retail sporting outlets during their sale periods.

For now, just estimate it as best as you can, probably breaking it up into the jogging and walking periods.
This discussion has been closed.