Hard area above pubic area :-(

Options
I need help. I am 5'1" 98 lbs down from 122. I have been busting my ace and finally have 2-4 small abs showing on my upper stomach, and my whole belly area is really hard from under my boobs to my pubic area. The problem I have that is really upsetting me is just above my pubic area to my belly button its hard, but it is a hard pooch/kinda a petruding spot. It is hard and looks like one big ab which makes no sense to me. It sticks out a lot and like I said it is hard with no fat over it. I read somewhere that it may be just my insides or possibly fat under my abs-not over. What is happening in this area? Do I keep with my ab exercises or is the muscle possible developing wrong? Any suggestions will be very very appreciated. I'm not sure if maybe I should quite ab exercises or keep doing them.

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Can you push it back in? Ask your doctor if it is a hernia. You don't want to strangulate one of those.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Can you push it back in? Ask your doctor if it is a hernia. You don't want to strangulate one of those.

This...
  • delaney056
    Options
    Does it hurt or feel tender or anything? I would definitely go see a doctor if so. Otherwise I'm really not sure what to tell you.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    If it seems abnormal, go to the doctor.
  • Anthem76
    Anthem76 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You can't be pregnant, can you? The way you're describing it sounds just like a pregnant uterus.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    You can't be pregnant, can you? The way you're describing it sounds just like a pregnant uterus.

That was my first thought as well... if there's even a slight chance of that, I'd seriously take a pregnancy test if I were you...
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Doctor up.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    If it seems abnormal, go to the doctor.

This x100
  • _namaste_
    Options
    When you work your core a lot and get a really strong lower core there is a protrusion that can happen in the lower ab area in my opinion. You will notice a lot of fitness models photos of stomach taken from a twisted / side angle. I honestly think this is to hide that thickness that happens from a really strong core and especially the lower abs area. I have this. My stomach is completely flat but there is one big ab at the bottom that is not separated like the upper abs. I'll take my one strong lower ab over what used to be there any day, LOL!

If it's not pregnancy or hernia it may just be that you've built a nice strong core? Everybody's body is different of course, too. So some may have this and others not. :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    take the good advice on here, but I'm sorry I have to tee hee at your post title.
  • Reagan89
    Reagan89 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have you had a c-section as sometimes the scar gets tight when you lose weight and can cause that.
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Negative to pregnancy and it isn't like a hernia, and it doesn't give me any discomfort. It just is like a small little hard belly/muscle that has developed. Glad someone else has this too so I'm not the only one. Maybe it's possible it's just how that ab is gonna grow?
  • Greytfish
    Options
    Could be your natural musculature. Could be a hernia. Could be a uterine fibroid or infection. See a doc and get some testing.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Negative to pregnancy and it isn't like a hernia, and it doesn't give me any discomfort. It just is like a small little hard belly/muscle that has developed. Glad someone else has this too so I'm not the only one. Maybe it's possible it's just how that ab is gonna grow?

my guess could be just your uterus...it may tilt back...

but if it worries you go to the doctor.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Pics would be helpful! But I agree with Namaste. Check out ab pictures and you'll see that even some famous bodybuilders only have 'one big lower ab'. I think some folks say that's really a different muscle, which I never understand, but in any case, it's a thing ;)

I think mine might be like that under my fat there (I can see upper and not lower due to fat distribution). I have a line that only goes to my navel at farthest, and it's not very deep even up top. My abs are generally more squiggly and dented and not as neat as most folks, lol.
  • _namaste_
    Options
    You know, I was checking out my lower abs today and I think this may actually be really developed hip muscles playing in too! I can actually "flex" mine! It's like lower abs and connection to hips I think. For me, anyways. :)
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Do an image search for "abdominal musculature" and look at an illustration of the actual muscles you are talking about.

While there _is_ a definition point between the Rectus muscles, they come together at a "point" above your pubic bone, and get narrower, closer together, and slightly smaller as they taper south.

What you may be noticing is simply the bottom of those muscles, which should not have ANY horizontal cut in it, and any vertical cut, you may not be able to see, due to how close together they are at that point.
  • speedy740
    Options
    Do an image search for "abdominal musculature" and look at an illustration of the actual muscles you are talking about.

While there _is_ a definition point between the Rectus muscles, they come together at a "point" above your pubic bone, and get narrower, closer together, and slightly smaller as they taper south.

What you may be noticing is simply the bottom of those muscles, which should not have ANY horizontal cut in it, and any vertical cut, you may not be able to see, due to how close together they are at that point.

Maybe I should cut back a bit on the reverse crunches and ab workouts. I want a six pack, but if it's gonna stay looking like I have a bloated little belly, I'd rather it hopefully "deflate" a bit, maybe if I let up on the workouts in that specific area. I dunno, maybe something I should try to do less of??? I'm very self conscience of it :-(
  • Zoeybird_2012
    Options
    I would go to the dr and see what they tell you.
  • speedy740
    Options
    Pics would be helpful! But I agree with Namaste. Check out ab pictures and you'll see that even some famous bodybuilders only have 'one big lower ab'. I think some folks say that's really a different muscle, which I never understand, but in any case, it's a thing ;)

I think mine might be like that under my fat there (I can see upper and not lower due to fat distribution). I have a line that only goes to my navel at farthest, and it's not very deep even up top. My abs are generally more squiggly and dented and not as neat as most folks, lol.

I can't add my picture, but I googled a pic, this is the link to the pic. In most pics I googled it doesn't have a name. It's the one unnamed on the very bottom of the ab area. That's my problem area. http://mutusystem.com/diastasis-recti-diagram-the-muscles-involved.html