Have Flat Feet & Need Advice - Shoes for Insanity/Zumba/Etc

Options
Hi! I have flat feet. I recently went to a running store and bought a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire 9 running shoes after being recorded running on a treadmill. They are working out well so far, but I want to keep them strictly for running. I was in a running store so they really didn't have any info on shoes for other activities. They did say that running shoes are made for more of a forward motion and probably wouldn't have the lateral support I would be looking for for my other activities. I'm guessing I need some sort of cross trainers? Does anybody out there know what shoes are good for workouts like Insanity, Zumba, Boot Camp, light weight lifting, BodyCombat, CXWorx, BodyAttack, Turbo Kick, Cycle Boot Camp, etc. It would be nice to find an all around shoe I can wear for all of these, but I will buy more than one pair if need be to complete these activities... I just need to take care of my feet! Any suggestions for shoes that would be good for these activities for someone with flat feet would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• helenoctober
    helenoctober Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Did you try insoles Dr. Scholls? at least you can have any shoes and just put insoles in
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Ryka Transition. I read a bunch of reviews before i actually bought them. They just came in today, so i'm going to try them out tomorrow. But from what i read they're awesome for things like Zumba :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I have flat feet and own 2 pairs of New Balance shoes that work great for me when it comes to fitness classes I take. They make a few models with varying cushioning levels.
  • supersavinglady
    supersavinglady Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!