The MFP way

Options
When follow MPF I'm just curious to know how long did it take before you started to notice the weight come off? Just wondering because I feel like it's almost a science to figure out when to eat your calories back when not to. Fitbit negative adjustment and whatever else... Ahhhhhhhhhh

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,064 Member
    Options
    I noticed some weight loss after 1 week - admittedly the following week some of that was back on - but overall, it went steadily down week by week with occasional gain one week here or there.

I didn't take the science too exactly - didn't have a fitbit or anything, just estimated my activity as 'lightly active' and ate what it told me to, eating back exercise calories as it says to.
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I've only been back on here for a month and it's obvious I've been losing weight...I think I first started noticing after the 2nd week
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    my scales lie lol, they were telling me i was losing weight but i didn't see it till i was 50lb down, but seriously i started losing the first week, it took about 7 months to be 50lbs down, other people started noticing after id lost about 20lbs, it just took me longer to catch on
    i just ate the calories it told me too (1800ish) started exercising (for a long time the only thing i did was walking and static bike) and because i didn't and still don't have a hrm i only ate about 1/4 to 1/2 of the exercise cals back depending on how hungry i was, i do eat mainly home cooked meals, but i'm not a clean eater
    good luck x
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a scale until the third week and I had lost 5 lbs by then.