Still need 300 Cals -- Suggestions

Options
I've eaten 3 meals today but still need 300 calories to stay away from "starvation Mode". Any Simple suggestions?

Replies

• SJSchwartz
    Options
    Popcorn
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    an apple and 2 tbsp of pb....just had this myself
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Popcorn

That's exactly what I was going to say! lol And, I just had some for the same reason!
  • mokaction
    Options
    Yogurt.. ;)
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Almonds.
  • Palermo1121
    Options
    I love baby carrots and my almond butter (or you can use peanut butter). But...on days that I've done really good and I have LOTS of calories to spare, I will give myself a scoop of ice cream :)
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    you are all awesome. With the popcorn(150cal), apple & PB, & yogurt(60cal) it might just work. I don't have almonds but I do have Unsalted Peanuts. Are they good?
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    One slice of whole grain bread with 1/8 of avocado (use a tomato if you don't have avocado in the house) and a slice of low fat cheese. Put in the toaster oven until the cheese starts to melt.
    Eat and enjoy!
  • flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just had an apple with two tlb of PB as well :)
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I just had an apple with two tlb of PB as well :)

Melted PB in the microwave
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup greek low fat greek yogurt (plain)
    1 tablespoon honey
    1 gram of walnuts

Yummy and oh so filling!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    One bagel thin and light cream cheese - I dont' think it quite reaches 300 calories. I usually eat a tablespoon or two of sunflower seeds with it. For some reason that combination is heavenly to me.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    all these suggestions are awesome! I may have to use some of them myself tonight!

I am proud of the change in your food diary ! Looks like you are making the right moves.
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your suggestion MYPROGRESS. I'll have to get all those items. I still have plain wheat bread and cheese slices here but that sounds like an excellent & healthy snack. Thanx for the encouragement KAREN but don't be disappointed if I slip into my old ways. Today was a day of experimentation. I like your idea for yogurt AMY but I'm not sure where to get Greek yogurt. I had to get rid of my PB:( It had liquid in it and a pretzel stick my younger son must have buried in the jar a couple of months ago. Sad huh.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    PB will separate over time, the liquid you saw was probably just peanut oil that will stir right back in. (for future reference)

The pretzel doesn't belong in there, though LOL