Low calorie sandwich ideas?

Options
Looking for some things to put in my sandwiches. Preferably no meat. Would love to know low calorie spreads! :)

Replies

• hibou_89
    Options
    Hi!
    Some of my favourite are crushed extra-firm tofu with plain yogurt and curry with cucumber or pickle if you feel wild. Otherwise shredded carrots and celeriac with low cal remoulade (replace mayo by plain yogurt) and tuna make an awesome sandwich. A classic tuna, yogurt, apple and raisins wrap is also a winner. A «mud» as I call it, made of avocado, lemon juice, hard boiled egg, tomato, onion and spring onion and coriander is also delicious.

Enjoy your sandwiches!
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This doesn't have a spread, but the tortillas are yummy so it really works without it.
    Two sandwiches, Joseph's tortillas, sliced apples and diced or sliced red onion. About 162 calories. Fills me up for three to four hours.

Apple Country - Fuji, 25 g 13 4 0 0 0 3
    Joseph's - Flax, Oat Bran, Wheat Flour Tortilla, 2 tortilla 140 22 3 14 760 2
    Onion Purple - 1 Slice, 1.5 slice 9 1 0 0 0 0

Make sure to brush your teeth afterward :smile:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Phildelphia Cream Cheese Light + sliced cucumber + loads of pepper.
    Hummous + roast red peppers + mixed bean sprouts for crunch.
    Tzaziki + sliced tart apples or grated carrots.
    Smoked salmon + lemon + black pepper.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I love plain old cheese and pickle

Tesco Sandwich Pickle 40g for 52 calories
    Tesco Lighter Extra Mature Cheddar 30g for 95 calories
    Tesco Danish Style Bread 55 calories per slice
    With 20g of Flora Light
  • Billybegood
    Billybegood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Homous on Ryvita with drips of sweet chilli sauce
  • iamafoodaholic
    iamafoodaholic Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges. They are 35 calories per wedge. They spread well and taste much better than light mayo, etc.
  • philotherianism
    philotherianism Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ^ Those sound yummy!

My favorite is a little bit of light mayonnaise (not necessary though), sliced avocado, tomato and black pepper on a slice of wheat toast! Super simple but super tasty. Also, I know you said no meat but I can't help but mention tuna with light mayo, dill, little bit of lemon juice and apple slices is super fab.
  • dannibefit
    dannibefit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I toast light rye bread and mix some low fat light mayonnaise and cottage cheese and season it with a bit of cayenne pepper. top that with sliced cucumber. one of my fave sandwiches!

also peanut butter is low in carbs and full of healthy fats.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Not a topping, but Joseph's makes these pitas that are 60cals :love:
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges. They are 35 calories per wedge. They spread well and taste much better than light mayo, etc.

they also come in a bunch of flavors, the queso & chipotle is my fave. also try mashed guacamole (put some lime in it to keep it from turning brown).
  • GEMMA_2014
    Options
    I like eggplant parm sandwiches, You get the eggplant, sauce and cheese with the Italian flavor. Eggplant is very low in calories, the sauce is low also, I use reduce fat cheese. It is really yummy.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of swedish crispbread. Add some cheese and thin parma ham slices and eat them open faced, scandinavian style. Great source of fiber and low in calories.

Mustard is always great as a low fat, flavorful spread.
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    oh my gosh, everything sounds so lovely. bump!
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Shredded lettuce and carrot mixed with homous. Throw in a quartered falafel or two if that's not filling enough. I use this as Pitta bread filling but I'm sure it'll work in a sandwich.

If you 're going veggie, try shredded quorn pieces mashed with avocado and some finely chopped red peppers. Sprinkle some lemon juice over it so it doesn't't go black and add a few leaves of spinach or rocket
  • karenh
    karenh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use Arnold Sandwich thins: 100 cal, 5g fiber, 4g protein. They are great toasted or not. I also like Better'n Peanut butter which is a low fat peanut butter, 100 cal for 2 Tbs. Add fresh fruit instead of jam and it's a great breakfast or lunch. I also use the sandwich thins for egg white sandwiches with light cheese and salsa. Use roasted veggies and cheese or tomato sauce and cheese for a version of pizza.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I used 35 calorie bread. Some of my favorite sandwiches are:

Fried egg and tomato with lots of black pepper

Turkey or chicken and Laughing Cow Wedge and sometimes add cucumber and tomato

Ricotta or cottage cheese and tomato with red peppers and onion

Laughing cow cheese wedge with blueberries and or strawberries

90 calorie sausage patty smothered in mustard

pickle, mustard, onion and tomato sandwiches rock!
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hummous and shredded lettuce in a tortilla wrap.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Not really low calorie, but something my mom used to make.

Sliced avocado+tomato+garlic salt.

You might want to add cucumber or grated carrot for crunch.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon and low fat cream cheese.

I'm in love with bagel thins... toasted. 110 calories of goodness.
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    300 Calorie "Big Mac": Healthy Life whole-wheat Hambuger bun (80 Calories), Flame Grilled Boca Burger (120 Calories), Low-fat American cheese (45 Calories), Low-fat Thousand Island dressing (40 Calories)... add lettuce, pickles and onions (15 Calories). ????