Feb 1, How Many New Years Resolutions Still Here?

Options
It's a month into the New Year, and I'm wondering how many New Years Resolutioners have stuck it out for that first month and are going gangbusters into February.

I didn't actually join due to a resolution in Jan. but rather because it just happened to be the time when I realized I needed to track my food and get support. I've been working toward a healthier lifestyle for the past two years, and I turn 50 this year. I'd been slacking off on healthy eating and exercise, so I knew it was time to get serious with some helpful tools. MFP is the perfect place for that.

How about you, fellow January joiners? Are you still feeling motivated? Wavering a little bit? Are you ready to stick it out in February as a gateway to the rest of the year...and beyond? Let's keep the momentum going!

Replies

• brandnewsnickerpuss
    Options
    I'm still here and still feeling motivated! Actually feeling more motivated than I did on January 2nd. :) And I'm feeling better than I have in months!
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    I'm still here and still feeling motivated! Actually feeling more motivated than I did on January 2nd. :) And I'm feeling better than I have in months!
    Woo hoo! I think those great feelings are the best motivator to keep going.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I was here and slacking and sort of renewed my commitment as a NY resolution and I'm still here! I'm going strong!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Been working on it for a while, but plateaued. So I decided I'd actually use the MFP tools, and used Jan 1 as a convenient restart. I remember being less motivated on the 18 of January, but, glory to God, I pressed through. I'm more motivated now, started the month of Feb strong with a 7lb weight loss. Now I've signed up to the February 5 lb challenge!
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It's a month into the New Year, and I'm wondering how many New Years Resolutioners have stuck it out for that first month and are going gangbusters into February.

I didn't actually join due to a resolution in Jan. but rather because it just happened to be the time when I realized I needed to track my food and get support. I've been working toward a healthier lifestyle for the past two years, and I turn 50 this year. I'd been slacking off on healthy eating and exercise, so I knew it was time to get serious with some helpful tools. MFP is the perfect place for that.

How about you, fellow January joiners? Are you still feeling motivated? Wavering a little bit? Are you ready to stick it out in February as a gateway to the rest of the year...and beyond? Let's keep the momentum going!

Still here but i started in September. Even lost weight through the Holidays. Will be going strong until June thanks to this site and Dietbet.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I adopted 10 resolutioners as part of the adopt a noob thing and they're all gone...good for you guys; just keep bangin' awyay
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    Glad to see so many sticking it out and still going strong! I think the challenges here are a great way to maintain the momentum. I joined a walking one for Feb. The weather doesn't want to cooperate, but I've got a Biggest Loser walking DVD and some old Leslie Sansone walks that I can pull out, so no excuses.
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    I could have wrote this, and yes still hanging in heading toward a healthier lifestyle, have to admit tomorrow is going to be a cheat day. spending the evening watching football drinking and eating unhealthy food. I plan on just picking but I will go over. Monday will be the day to start fresh. have a great weekend people
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I started working out on January 1, but it was joining MFP on the 20th that really began to motivate me. Now I feel really good about what I'm doing and where I'm heading
  • Aes37850
    Options
    I was here and slacking and sort of renewed my commitment as a NY resolution and I'm still here! I'm going strong!

Same kind of thing with me! I didn't use MFP much and then decided with my new years i'd recommit. I've been logging faithfully since the first! Down 10lbs and ready for February! Woohoo! Great way to stay on the other side of the statistics everyone! Here's to another month!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Recommitted for my Resolution. And this is actually going better than the other two I have (they're still going well, just not as awesome as this one).
  • Linnybear1974
    Options

^^^this :)
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    still here! although it was really just coincidence that i got back on track in january.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    yup :smile:
  • ratatoska
    ratatoska Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not so much a resolution as a doctor's appointment landed me here, but I'm 26 days in and 11 pounds gone!!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, 5 lbs down and 32 days in... in it for the long haul! In it to win it! for the journey, love the friends I've made so far. :)
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, 11 pounds down, and as of this morning I am officially no longer obese!
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm still here!!! I have lost 18 pounds and 9 1/4 inches in a month. I have a long way to go, and I am going to get there. Glad to see some of stuck it out! :wink:
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    I adopted 10 resolutioners as part of the adopt a noob thing and they're all gone...good for you guys; just keep bangin' awyay
    That's a shame. That "adoption" program is a great idea. For all my fellow January joiners responding here, you can still take advantage of the mentoring. I just signed up with someone a few days ago. It's great to see so many responses in this thread with such a big group of people sticking it out.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Still here! Lost almost 9 pounds in January, feeling great!! :bigsmile: