How have I never heard of HHH? Beer and running? I'm in!

Options
I just discovered the existence of this fun group of people from a triathlon training group I joined here in PHX (I am doing my first sprint in May!) -- anyway, there are chapters everywhere! Google "hash house harriers" to find the running & drinking group in your area. How on earth have I not heard of this?? Well in case you haven't - I wanted to share. :tongue:

:huh: :huh: ** I do not want to hear from people who want to tell me running while drinking is bad lol. It's for fun and laughs and not for serious training days. Yes I know alcohol is dehydrating. This post is for people who like beer, who like to run, and don't mind running from beer to beer, and most of all enjoy silly irreverent behavior with silly irreverently fun people. Thank you. **:grumble: :grumble:

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    homergotbeer.jpg
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I was introduced to this a couple weeks ago by running into an old college friend in a bar all decked out in his running gear. 20 minutes later I was home and back in my running gear before they started. I am now hooked. Haven't had that much in forever. Tomorrow is the groups pre-super bowl hash bowl. Can't wait until tomorrow. I plan on doing every event I possibly can. **** is FUN
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Will run for beer...

beer.jpg
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Will run for beer...

beer.jpg

^^So this! Oh, how I miss beer!
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I found out about it a month or so ago, and just last week, I was at my regular watering hole and an HHH group was meeting there. They seemed like an awesome group of folks. I'll definitely be joining in the shenanigans as soon as I trust my ankle to survive in good condition...hopefully within the next couple of months.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    A drinking club with a running problem!

And in case you haven't heard of this study out of Granada before: http://steveedwardsfitness.com/is-beer-really-better-than-water-for-hydration/
  • sevfam
    sevfam Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in. Im in Riverside Ca. Will have to check into it further.