I went 1000 cal over yesterday!

Options
OMG I was bad. I had too many tacos and then , feeling liek what the hey, I had three cookies! AHHH. Im getting right back on the diet though, Im trying not to worry about it. Its hard to stay in the calorie range,ya know!

Replies

• Sun-Shine
    Sun-Shine Posts: 46
    Options
    OMG I was bad. I had too many tacos and then , feeling liek what the hey, I had three cookies! AHHH. Im getting right back on the diet though, Im trying not to worry about it. Its hard to stay in the calorie range,ya know!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    It happens, bounce back! I know you can do it. :wink:
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Options
    I've done that too, like once in 2 weeks, and between 300 and 400 twice in 2 weeks. My goal is to lose 2 # a week, but so far, just 1 pound. I need to stick to the program!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Get back on the wagon and youll do fine, we all have to have our little cheats I guess. I'm trying to go under on my cals to makeup for my rainy day I am sure is around the corner! :)
  • Sun-Shine
    Options
    Thanks guys, I feel better knowing that Im not the only person who has trouble following the diet. Now I cant stop thinking that I have to make up for it with tons of exercise today, do you think thats nessesary? Im trying just to let it go but its really hard!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    You know what - the damage isn't really that bad. So you ate your 500 calorie deficit - and 500 calories. If you get back on track today you probably won't notice too much of a change in your loss pattern. Yeah - so for 1 day you maintained and added 500 - it still takes 3500 to make a lb. Just start today as a new day and move on!! You'll be fine :flowerforyou:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    We all need to remind ourselves regularly that we are in this for the LONG HAUL!

The idea is to develop new awareness of what we should be putting into our bodies, and how we should stay more active and in general, get fitter, not fatter~! You can think of it a little bit like teaching your kids how to do something new....they are probably NOT going to get it perfect the first time.....as a matter of fact, that is almost a given. (Think of something like reading that takes years to develop....think of walking baby steps).

OK, with that in mind, just know that you are trying to do what you know you should and if most of the time, you get it right, yippee! If you fall off the wagon occasionally or give yourself the grace to eat a few tacos or cookies, determine to do better tomorrow, and you most likely will! When our kids have trouble learning to read, we don't tell them, oh well, forget it, it is too hard!

What are a few hundred calories when you look back in five years??? Then you will be saying,"Wow, look at that old photo....I can't believe how much better I look and feel"

God gave you an awesome body...wonderfully made...just focus on changing habits over the long haul, as difficult as is sometimes seems!

Oh, and sure, go out and take a longer walk than usually .... it might make you feel better today! :flowerforyou:
  • Sun-Shine
    Options
    Thank you very much for all the support. I just hate my body right now and I want it better NOW! I have put on all this weight in the last 9ish months... Im not sure why. I think that having my daughter changed my body. I lost the weight I gained with her, (it was alot) and then slowly gained all this weight! Why did I do that to myself? And seriously 1200 calories?? Can we say STARVING. My toddler probably eats more! LOL Im not giving in though, I will have my figure back! Ive got 50 pounds to lose!
  • Angela142
    Options
    My zumba teacher did same thing. She lost all her baby weight and then gained it back. Eventually, through zumba classes, she lost 35 pounds. She now looks great and is teaching 10 classes a week.

Your hormones probably changed, and you may be low on progresterone. If you were breast feeding and then stopped, your metabolism slowed down.

So, now you can lose this weight again. You might try some natural progesterone cream...and exercise.