Need an energy boost!

Options
Hey all,

Recently I have been getting incredibly tired in the afternoons. I am trying to not turn to caffeine to fix this. Anyone know of a "healthy" way to get an energy boost?

Thanks!

Replies

• elzettel
    Options
    Any chance you could do a little exercise? Once I push through I feel great and awake!
  • msekka
    Options
    Try eating protein, like hard boiled eggs or some thing , that always helps me
  • Buccinator
    Options
    An apple. All that crunchin' wakes me up.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Is it possible just to lay down for fifteen minutes and rest...it's what your body needs...I feel more refreshed if I can just take a short nap or relax...also, I agree with whoever said exercise...gets the endorphins going
  • Abarb1
    Options
    You can go to a quick lab and get vitiam B12 shots...They will help. I am gonna start mine back up because i get tired in the afternoons now to..I just started this program and i reall enjoy it.. I use to take them like twice aweek..Cost like $20.00 a shot..
  • nisijam5
    Options
    You can go to a quick lab and get vitiam B12 shots...They will help. I am gonna start mine back up because i get tired in the afternoons now to..I just started this program and i reall enjoy it.. I use to take them like twice aweek..Cost like $20.00 a shot..

Um, I would check with a doctor first on that one.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    that is so me.:noway: but theri is something wrong to make you feel tired:huh: if yor getting enough rest at night:huh: i never took naps now i do its bad
  • neyriddle
    Options
    I found these protein bars, I take a little bite between breakfast and lunch and than at around 2:30/3:00 I have a few more bites, it's been helping a lot. Walmart eat right protein bar.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I ditto the apple, the quick nap and the exercise. I read somewhere that apples can wake you up as much as coffee, and personal experience says a nap (as long as it is a short one) and exercise both pep me up. Hey, perhaps an apple, a nap, and some exercise in that order!! Sounds like a fun afternoon to me!
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Studies have shown that human adult naturally wants to sleep between 1 and 2 in the afternoon. If it possible to lay down and take a small nap that is the best way of handling it. If not... try getting up and doing something active.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    that is so me.:noway: but theri is something wrong to make you feel tired:huh: if yor getting enough rest at night:huh: i never took naps now i do its bad

I don't think naps are bad...they have them all over the world...In fact, some countries close their businesses in the afternoons for an hour lunch....I think our American culture should support that relaxation instead of go, go, go, go...what's wrong with a nap?
  • RaeRaeSlimToday
    RaeRaeSlimToday Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love Spark by Advocare. It does have some natural caffiene, but over 20 vitamins and minerals. Lot of vitamin B. I gave up soda once I discovered it and I am feeling amazing!!! Regan