Need a Kick in the Workout Pants!

EboniA
EboniA Posts: 181 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
I don't know what happened. Life, I suppose. Summer was too hot, then school started and we were too busy. Work is awful, then TOM. Excuses, excuses. They seemed very real at the time but now almost 2 months have gone by with no food tracking and no exercise.

I think I just need some support because I feel alone and I don't want to complain and bring everyone else down. I am not beating myself up. I'm just not doing anything! HELP... PLEASE!

Replies

• I'm in! Add me :bigsmile: as a friend. I want to start the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels, a pretty inexpensive DVD. I have not been well the last few days and meant to start, but would love a fitness partner for 30 days...whatdoyathink?:flowerforyou:
  • well start again NOW. 2 months is better than 2 yrs, maybe the break you gave yourself will jumpstart your weightloss motivation again. You lost before, so you will lose again :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!!! That's what they are!!! I am here to give you your kick in *kitten*

Time to start moving you can join the September "Move It" challenge...3 goals to choose from

1) 360 minutes of moving each week
    2) 2500 calories burned
    3) lose 1/2 to 1" off your waist or abd

Now, make time for yourself....walk your lunches, tell the kids "No, I am working out for 30 minutes and then I will help you", run errands on a bilke, blades or walk....I don't want to hear excuses...start moving
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!!! That's what they are!!! I am here to give you your kick in *kitten*

Time to start moving you can join the September "Move It" challenge...3 goals to choose from

1) 360 minutes of moving each week
    2) 2500 calories burned
    3) lose 1/2 to 1" off your waist or abd

Now, make time for yourself....walk your lunches, tell the kids "No, I am working out for 30 minutes and then I will help you", run errands on a bilke, blades or walk....I don't want to hear excuses...start moving
    Thanks Kim. I usued to tell the kids no. I forgot about that! Duh!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    thats me i need a kick :huh: in the work out pants.for the last two weeks iv been bad:embarassed: need to get back with it
  • Girl..... I so relate!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Thanks Kim. I usued to tell the kids no. I forgot about that! Duh!

Beware, when you are working out is where they will ask you do stuff...I have gotten very good at saying "No, you have a father. Go ask him" or "Talk to me when I am done working out".

I, also, have restarted the shred series...the 30 day shred is literally 27 minutes end to end....can you find 27 minutes somewhere???

BTW, they are really cute!!!
  • Don't worry your not the only one. I've gone almost 3 months without logging my food. I've tried to maintain portion control & make healthy choices but it's hard when you're constantly on the go & fast food is the easiest thing to pick up. It's been hard for me to make the time to actually cook or make my lunch for work and I didn't want to log my calories cuz I knew I was going way over my cal intake & I knew it would make me feel bad. But it's time to stop feeling guilty & do something about it. I just started logging in again yesterday. You've already lost 10 lbs. No need to quit now. Get back in there....... It will make you feel better & so will exercising. You have to do it for you.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Eboni,

This too shall pass,. Please see previous post on below link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99839-9-hidden-reasons-to-stay-motivated?hl=<span class=

Hope this helps! You can do it!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Eboni,

This too shall pass,. Please see previous post on below link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99839-9-hidden-reasons-to-stay-motivated?hl=<span class=

Hope this helps! You can do it!
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Eboni, dear, am so there with you. With the kids going back to school, with works, hubby, soccer practice, there are tons of excuses. For the past month I have been slacking. Not working out like I used to, making bad food choices most of the time. I went from weigh in every wk to every 2wks and now every 3wks because I dnt want to see the damage on the scale. I really need some help too and I hope we will push each other along
This discussion has been closed.