Foam Rolling

Options
Hiya. I finished Insanity last week and overall got through it without injury although the Max Plyo really feels like it shreds my hams and glutes. Never quite get recovered and had a session with my osteopath this week which helped a bit. Just finished the Max Plyo (addicted or insane or both!!) and again they're pretty sore and tight.

I have a foam roller and think I need to be more disciplined about using it BUT is it wise to do so today, after the plyo session, or let them rest and foam roll tomorrow? Then foam roll every day, or alternate days?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

• sweetaddiction257
    sweetaddiction257 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a foam roller and what they call the trigger point system, I use it usually before and especially after any workout, it is incredibly important to stretch after insanity, when I did insanity I found the little stretch after the workout wasn't enough.

I can almost guaranteed that using the roller after will be uncomfortable as you stretch out the muscles but you will feel so much better after you done!

Just my recommendation, hope this helps :D

Ps if you have questions feel free to add me!!
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Thanks - had a gentle roll and feel better for it so will add that every day for my problem areas!