where do you put your ipod/phone when you workout?

Options
hesn92
hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
I don't know where to put mine when I'm at the gym. I just put it in my bra, but I feel stupid pulling it out of my bra every time I need to change the song or whatever. Where do you put yours?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    In one of the bottle holders on the machine, with my water bottle in the other one
  • samfelder
    Options
    In one of the bottle holders on the machine, with my water bottle in the other one

Same !! At some of the newer machines, they come with iPod chargers that you can attach it too, with a little ledge for it to sit on
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    In my workout pants pocket.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have an arm band that the phone slips into. I use that on the weight machines and the cup holder on the treadmill.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I got a fancy armband for $20 at target. I got my boyfriend a cheap-o armband for $5 from ebay. Both equally changes out lil exercisin' lives.
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When I run I put it on an armband. Easy to find all sorts online, especially if you are into eBay shopping like myself. Very comfortable.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Armband. Sometimes in the cupholder at the gym.
  • NianMaya
    NianMaya Posts: 108
    Options
    I have a armband for it but I mostly put it in my bra or the cup holder on the machine.
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    I normally just keep mine in the pocket of my shorts, but I might change that since the last time I was on the elliptical machine, the cord somehow caught on one of the handgrips and yanked my headphones off. Of course this happened after 56 minutes when I was exhausted, so it nearly made me fall over. I think I'll start keeping it in the cup holder instead while on that machine.

While walking/biking/running, I keep mine in my pocket as usual. My wife keeps hers in her bra since her leggings don't have pockets.
  • merpmerp95
    Options

I do this. hahah
  • ldimicco
    ldimicco Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hava FlipBelt I bought for $25 online. I bought it initally for running, but it's great for weight lifting or any type of exercise, really. It is a tubular band you wear around your waist or hips with multiple access points to place different items (keys, ID, phone, Energy Gels, tissues, etc). It may be on the pricey side, but it's more than worth it and doesn't bounce at all. I have two!

www.flipbelt.com

You can see me wearing it in my profile picture.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Home.I don't carry my phone to gym
  • Spewze72
    Spewze72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Down my bra. Does make the case a little moist. ;)
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    In the locker. :bigsmile:
    On the bike it's in my pocket - so far. We'll see what I do when the weather gets warm.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have an armband that I wear around my calf. I have Bluetooth headphones, so I don't have a cord that gets wrapped up in things. I hate wearing the armband around my arms because my biceps get VERY swollen during my workouts. I spend way too much time loosening the band. I found wearing it right below my knee and above my calf doesn't ever get too tight.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    get an arm band...not a woman, but putting it in your bra is not good. Radio waves in the phone has been linked to small cases of breast cancer...same for men leaving phone in their pants pockets for prolonged periods of time.
  • doubleclick_darling
    Options
    When I was going to the gym, I put it on the little book stand, though now that I'm walking, I either carry it in my hand or I recently bought a jacket that has super deep pockets, so I put it in there (and the headphones have a clip that I put on the outside of the pocket to keep the wire from shifting around too much).
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I usually stuff it in my bra too. WHY DO WOMENS WORKOUT CLOTHES NOT HAVE POCKETS?!?!?! or if it has a pocket, its usually just a tiny one on the *kitten* to put a key in. *rage*
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I keep my iPhone in an Otterbox Defender case that comes with a holder that has a clip. I put the holder on & clip it to the waist of my workout pants when I go to the gym.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Home.I don't carry my phone to gym

I always keep a copy of my latest weight training routine in my phone for reference & I do use it. Otherwise, I might leave mine home, too. No, I would leave it in my purse in the car (out of sight).