Is my diet ruined

Options
2»

Replies

• boxpunk
    boxpunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    don't worry about it. you ate pizza, you didn't steal from orphans.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    1. Doesn't matter; had pizza.

2. Tomorrow is another day. You're building habits for a lifetime, not racing to a goal weight.
  • 4MissRose
    Options
    Your diet will only be ruined if you let it. It's a mental challenge, let's see if you blow the whole thing off and go back to your old habits for good, or if you get yourself back on track and persevere. I'm rooting for you. :smile:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Probably and no.

Scale weight will most likely be up tomorrow, but one day won't derail you. This process is a collection of the habits you keep consistently.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I ate 3000 calories today. I'm not even worried about it. It takes 3500 calories over your TDEE to gain one pound of fat... My TDEE was probably 2100 today. Yours might be much more than that. Even assuming that you will turn all your extra calories into fat (which I don't think happens when you overeat by a lot *one* day), you can't possibly gain one pound of fat... *maybe* 1/3 of a pound, but you probably won't even notice it on the scale.

You'll gain a bunch from water weight from all the sodium and extra calories though, but it will go away in a week or something. It's not a big deal at all. One bad day won't derail you at all... What matters is getting back on track the next day.