Skinny Students :-)

Options

Replies

• Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Keep up the good work Abbiez :)

So unfortunate the other day, i went to go join the gym in my area (its sort of away from other suburbs by about 20 min). I was looking at the timetable and everything for ages until i went and asked the chicks at the desk who then told me the gym was actually closing down soon...just my luck hahaha. I've decided to pick up Zumba as so many people have raved about it and me and a mate will be doing a class next week which im so excited about!!

Hope your all training hard :D
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can barely do the one minute. :laugh:

I'm up for a challenge! :drinker:

Got new weights for the 30DS and they killed me. No soreness now, I think I'm avoiding soreness with chocolate milk of all things, but wow, when I was using them I could barely lift my arms!

What lb whats are you using now? I use 3lb but was thinking of getting some 5lbs..
  • abbiez
    Options
    Hey Nicole! :-)

Well just got back from the gym. My ipod died so I couldnt do c25k but i still rna some intervals and my longest was 5 mins of straight running! woohoo! :D I also did 30 day shred today. I'm off to get ready and pick the boyfriend up (his truck is broke:frown:) and then were going to see Machete, and yes i am eating popcorn - already tracked it and im in the clear :wink: :laugh:

Hope everyone has a great night, and oh, yeah, lets keep the thread alive :tongue:

P.S. challenge sunday?

Go you! I'm doing the c25k too. am on week 8 now. Are you enjoying it?

30DS is brill too but I got bored at the end of level two and couldn't get the motivation to keep it up after that. I'm going to give it a few months then go again lol.

I'm only on week 3 and i am WAY behind. My 5k is on 10/9 and I'm really hoping I'll be able to do it :/ Running 5 mins was no problem yesterday (i could actually breathe and everything! haha) so i think instead of going to the gym today I'm going to a marked trail (its a 3mile loop and is marked every 1/4mile) and see how far I cant actually run and maybe do something like walk 1/4 run 1/4. Right now I'm not concerned about my time for my 5k I just want to finish it!
  • abbiez
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Happy Saturday :smile: Hope everyones having a good day so far!

Today I plan on doing 30ds and running again, this time going for distance. I also have to swing by the grocery store and get ingredients for buffalo chicken dip and cream cheese brownies (all healthier versions!) Me and Jesse (my boyfriend) are having a movie night tonight and he loves the dip and ive been wanting to try those brownies :wink: I also have to study psychology (test on the 16th! :ohwell:), intro to criminal justice and math (tests on the 20th for those ones, ahh). I'm so nervous.

I'll check back later, talk to you all soon :happy:
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I kind of majorly failed on the diet and exercise yesterday. Going out on Thursday night killed me so today I plan on making up for it. I didn't go out last night so it feels really good to have a whole Saturday ahead of me to get some work done, hit the gym and watch the Alabama vs. Penn State game!! Have a good day everyone!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Katie. I am 22 and I'm in my fourth year studying Management Economics in Industry and Finance.
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hey Nicole! :-)

Well just got back from the gym. My ipod died so I couldnt do c25k but i still rna some intervals and my longest was 5 mins of straight running! woohoo! :D I also did 30 day shred today. I'm off to get ready and pick the boyfriend up (his truck is broke:frown:) and then were going to see Machete, and yes i am eating popcorn - already tracked it and im in the clear :wink: :laugh:

Hope everyone has a great night, and oh, yeah, lets keep the thread alive :tongue:

P.S. challenge sunday?

Go you! I'm doing the c25k too. am on week 8 now. Are you enjoying it?

30DS is brill too but I got bored at the end of level two and couldn't get the motivation to keep it up after that. I'm going to give it a few months then go again lol.

I'm only on week 3 and i am WAY behind. My 5k is on 10/9 and I'm really hoping I'll be able to do it :/ Running 5 mins was no problem yesterday (i could actually breathe and everything! haha) so i think instead of going to the gym today I'm going to a marked trail (its a 3mile loop and is marked every 1/4mile) and see how far I cant actually run and maybe do something like walk 1/4 run 1/4. Right now I'm not concerned about my time for my 5k I just want to finish it!

Yeah, even if you walk some of it a 5k is still a big accomplishment.
    Ha ha not breathing, i remember that, it gets easier (though i'm finding week 8 a little tough, might do it twice :smile: ). I remember in the beginning I was so proud of myself for running that 5 min section and was really scared about moving up to 8 and 10 mins. But It's definitely do-able.
    I always run outside, rain or shine, i find it much more fun and relaxing than on a treadmill, i hope you enjoy it too.
    Good luck with the run :happy:
  • rosaline1191
    rosaline1191 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rose and I'm hoping to join this group. I'm a sophomore in college majoring in Economics.

College is completely ruining my diet, and by college I mean my lack of control in college. Lol, this summer I was resisting ice-cream and other frozen desserts easily, one week in college and I've already ordered out like twice.

I'm doing the C25K program too, I'm restarting tomorrow at wk 4 so I hope that I'm still okay enough to do it.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Got new weights for the 30DS and they killed me. No soreness now, I think I'm avoiding soreness with chocolate milk of all things, but wow, when I was using them I could barely lift my arms!

What lb whats are you using now? I use 3lb but was thinking of getting some 5lbs..

I was using water bottles at first, but now I have 3lb. Doesn't sound like a lot until I used it!

I've seen 3 people on here so far say that the 30DS was too boring to finish... I don't get that. Was it too easy or what? :huh: :tongue:
  • abbiez
    Options

I was using water bottles at first, but now I have 3lb. Doesn't sound like a lot until I used it!

I've seen 3 people on here so far say that the 30DS was too boring to finish... I don't get that. Was it too easy or what? :huh: :tongue:

just noticed my typo haha. "whats." Yeah I know the only reason i dont do it bc im lazy not bored with it! i like it. I wanna try her yoga meltdown too!
  • xLyric
    Options
    Not lazy at all when you walk/jog all the time! I was going to continue the C25K along with the shred but I figured I'd keep it to one thing at a time.

Yoga has never seemed intense enough for a work out... But comments have said otherwise, so I don't know...
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My eating habits have come back quickly, last night i had pizza with the bf and then he went and got us thickshakes and then today i had an ice cream nom nom nom

Damn thy cravings
  • ashcrashly
    Options
    Hey!
    My name is Ashley and I'm a Major in Music and Advertising.
    Has anyone beat that whole snacking and studying thing?
  • xLyric
    Options
    I actually have never had the snacking while studying problem. I think it's probably because by the time I'm sat down and studying I'm too lazy to get back up unless I'm actually hungry. :bigsmile:

Ally, that's why I love this site... You can basically eat whatever whithin reason. If I want some pizza (which I so do right now!) it won't kill my progress. Might kill the rest of the day though. :laugh:
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    This is a terrific idea...
    My name is Mandie and I am 21 years young :)
    I am a senior working on my BA in Psychology & starting my Masters in Child and Family Social Work next summer!!!
  • monicamt1117
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Monica and I am 20 years old.
    I am a Junior in Special Education and I'm hoping to get my masters in Occupational Therapy.

My biggest problem with being a student is the emotional eating when I am stressed!!! Stress makes fast food look a million times more appealing.
  • monicamt1117
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Monica and I am 20 years old.
    I am a Junior in Special Education and I'm hoping to get my masters in Occupational Therapy.

My biggest problem with being a student is the emotional eating when I am stressed!!! Stress makes fast food look a million times more appealing.
  • PSUgrl921
    Options
    I have the studying and snacking problem!! Some things that I found work for me sometimes are... not keeping that much food in my room, brushing my teeth before I study (then I don't want to dirty them. usually works at night) or if worse comes to worse I'll just save some calories if I know I'm in for a long night of studying.
  • abbiez
    Options
    Hello New Comers :-)

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I had signed up for sorority recruitment at my school and then didnt attend bc I decided I didnt have enough time. I regretted it the first day I didnt go. Now this morning I woke up and had a vmail from a sorority girl saying that even though i didnt go through with recruitment, they were wondering if id like to come hang out with them and possibly sign a bid. now i dont know if this is bc they didnt make quota or if i made a good impression and the info session i went to or what. but now i feel like i got a second chance but im still not sure if ill have time :-/
  • PSUgrl921
    Options
    abbiez-- they could have asked you for a number of reasons. I am not in a sorority but I am in a coed honors fraternity and initiating was time consuming even for that. My advice would be go... maybe ask about the time commitment and see if you can do it. I will never regret initiating, it was the best semester of college by far. Another thing I would check is what they stand for. I went through sorority recruitment my first semester of college and while some of them were great! Some of them were not the kind of people I wanted to be associated with it. I have a lot of friends in sororities and they absolutely love it and it's a great way to get involved but ultimately, you have to do what's right for you.