Body composition

Options
Hi im 15 yr old female. im 5'3 and 126 lbs
my body fat percentage according to my scale is 28% and my muscle percentage is 38%... is that bad?? whats teh average muscle percentage for someone like me?

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure. i go by how you look and feel.do you feel good most inportant:huh:
  • Dammitviv
    Options
    The healthy percentage for women is typically in the low 20's. Check out wiki, it has some information that may help put it in perspective for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage
  • steve2375
    steve2375 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    According to the American Council on Exercise, females need a minimum of 10-12% bodyfat for survival. Female athletes range from 14-20% bodyfat, fitness level is 21-24%, acceptable level is 25-31%, and 32+% is considered obese. So your 28% would be in the acceptable range....
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You are also young though and still growing. The body fat percentage right now, I don't think you should be worrying about as much. Your BMI is in the healthy range and that is what is important. I hated my scale that had the body fat calculator - I didn't think it was accurate. Keep doing what you are doing, exercise and eat right and add some light weights if you want, but I would wait until you're 18 to be really concerned about your body fat. :D