Popular Foods That You Can Take or Leave...

Options
Iwishyouwell
Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
What foods do most people seem to love, and can't seem to get enough of, that you can take or leave? Foods that seem damn near universally tempting, but that just don't seem to call your name?

Pizza - Sure it's delicious, tasty, all that good stuff, but I rarely have it and it doesn't scream my name.

Replies

• s16lad
    s16lad Posts: 197
    Options
    Chocolate does nothing for me...
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Pizza is an occasional treat for me, once or twice a month (has to be homemade). I love chocolate.

Fast food is the meh food for me. Could care less if I ever had it.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options
    Bacon - Tasty, yes. But I almost never crave it and I fail to get all the "bacon is life" declarations.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Bacon - Tasty, yes. But I almost never crave it and I fail to get all the "bacon is life" declarations.

I'm with you. Most of the time, I skip it.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies (love the raw dough much better), watermelon, and ice cream. I can stock up on those things for my family without it tempting me much at all.
  • s16lad
    Options
    mmmmm.... bacon
  • Baykon
    Baykon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to be the hugest fan of bacon there could be. Now I couldn't care less if it ended up on my plate.
    McDonalds, too. My mother and stepfather are big fans and if we were to go on an outing there, I'd eventually pick something after staring at the menu for a year, but I really don't see the point. It's not tasty enough for me to care. I guess that's a good thing.
    Last one I can think of is chocolate or mint ice creams. I'll eat them if they're what's offered to me but just about any other flavour is 20x more appealing to me.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Sushi. It's ok, but If I never ate another piece of raw fish again I'd be ok with that. Not to mention it always leaves me wanting something else, like it's just an appetizer, not the main course.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    chicken/buffalo wings.
    sushi.
    sweet potatoes.
  • alisha_1983
    alisha_1983 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    cheese. I HATE cheese :ohwell:
  • jennalor
    jennalor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't get sweet potato fries. Everyone I know loves them. They''re meh for me.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies (love the raw dough much better), watermelon, and ice cream. I can stock up on those things for my family without it tempting me much at all.

I don't get the appeal of watermelon either. Nowhere near one of my favorite fruits.

But ice cream and chocolate chip cookies definitely get these knees weak LOL!
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti with meat sauce. My husband loves it, and I'll have a bowl when he makes it but can easily stop while he's on his second or third serving.

I actively hate sweet tea and ranch dressing. They're vile, vile substances.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Chocolate cookie, Choc ice cream or Choc cake. I am ok with dark choc candies though.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    bacon
    fast food
    pizza
    chicken wings
    sweet potato fries
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Pizza and sweets. With the exception of Reese Peanut Butter Cups!!!!!
  • NicholePotato
    NicholePotato Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • s16lad
    Options
    This thread is no good when you're hungry.....:noway:
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Chippy chips
    Crisps

Never been that bothered about either.
  • wildflower_kls
    wildflower_kls Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pork chops. I will eat them if someone makes them but have never been like 'I could do some pork chops tonight'. I don't think I've ever made them.