Priorities & staying on track

Options
I have been a yo yo dieter for past 2 years; currently down ~ 14 lbs but have ~ 24 to go for goal of 140 (5'3" & age 54). I am really getting clear on what sabotages me (myself) and how to prevent this. It is time to continue the losing and then just live the lifestyle that supports maintaining. NO MORE DIETS...no such thing only lifestyle changes. My goals: add weight lifting at home at least 4 times/week, add at least a weekly yoga class & continue with walking 2-5 miles/day 7 days week and optional belly dancing class once a week. Start tracking food & tracking exercise each and every day & just PLAIN EAT LESS & if it's not working then get food scale and really measure each and every morsel.
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• chuzhee
    Options
    good for you, lovesauburn... I say that this is my First Diet because it's torture for me, at 52. I did a gluten free diet one year and lost 30 pounds, but ate bread one day, and in no time I was fat again.... I need to get back to squash, but I can't muster up the energy. Your spirit is infectious, hopefully. :) Congrats!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Here's to lifestyle changes!:drinker: because we know that's the only thing that really works!:wink::flowerforyou:

Becca
  • lovesauburn
    lovesauburn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh so funny I did overeaters annonymous HOW and wasn't allowed any breads/carbs and the minute I went off of it the weight came back in a flash! It is truly about small changes but some days are sure easier than others....I'm starting to feel worse if I blow it . Before if I denied myself I felt worse...so I'm hoping and praying I'm turning the corner to wanting health verse comfort in food. HECK YES we deserve to be healthy and attractive and at a comfortable weight for our age and body type...Never give up that's when weight gain occurs!