Jillians new DVD (March)

Options
For Jilian fans, a heads up what is coming out soon.
Not what I was hoping for, a HIIT type workout or strength with cardio, but it seems to be geared to the "I have to lose 5-10lbs before the wedding, party, bikini season" type of mindset. It will be out in March.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H8N5IQS/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1GP267RAAMTJ9X3V67GE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing i just picked up her infrno yoga dvd a couple of weeks ago
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    I hope it ends up on youtube - I don't like to pay for dvds ;)
  • FrancineM62
    FrancineM62 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Debra! I'm surprised to see anyone promoting losing 7 pounds in 7 days, as the cover says.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I agree, I would love to have a HIIT workout. Fitness blender will just have to suffice!!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I don't like those tactics myself Francine...she pushes other products that have come under scrutiny but I have liked some of her earlier things, a couple of her DVD's are still in my rotation. This really seems geared to someone with 5lbs of mainly water. to lose. ; )
    One instructor I liked, Jessica Smith, said they are sometimes pushed to do covers and ads that aren't very classy, "Look good Naked", 10lbs in 2 weeks" etc. because they said reality doesn't sell....maybe to the younger demographic, but I would respect truthful statements. You find it out sooner or later anyway.
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've noticed several magazine ads lately where Jillian has teamed up with the CURVEs centers. Guess she is trying to appeal to every demographic regarding workouts and weight loss. Thanks for the heads up Debra.
  • debraran1
    Options
    That would be nice. I would love to see older women (and men) in DVD's. On T25, Shaun mentioned one guy was the "oldest", he was 25...Jillian has younger women. Some of my other DVD's have older demographics mixed in, 35-up, it shows anyone can do these moves or stay in shape. Maybe in future DVDs, we will see a change. You never stop this health journey.
  • Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yeah I fully intend to purchase the dvd when it becomes available. My little brother is getting married and I will definitely need it. I am glad she came out with this type of workout honestly, but I do agree that I wish she would also come out with a HIIT workout.
  • debraran1
    Options
    Collagevideo posted a clip:
    http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/jillian-michaels-one-week-shred-6490

Seems like some moves from other DVD's I have, some new...she talks more than works out (she said in an interview that's easier for her) : )

It's rated Intermediate. I don't think most people will use it as the marketing claims, for a 1 wk fix, but maybe for some new moves in their DVD collection.
  • arabellaflagg
    arabellaflagg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Jillian explained on her podcast that the covers of DVDs are out of her control. She mentioned she didn't like the 'no more trouble zones' cover because it suggested you could spot reduce but as someone up thread explained the distributors want it to sell.

Also on the subject of T25. Shaun Ts husband Scott is in most workouts and he is in his 40s I believe. Tanya the modifier is 41. The oldest is def not 25! And Shaun himself is mid 30s. The other BB hosts are older too. Chalene is in her 40s and Tony Horton is 55 and both have a decent sprinkling of similar aged folks on their programmes.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I thought that was what 30 Day Shred was kind of for. In the book I think she mentions it that she uses it to look ripped for an event. I like Jillian and the workouts but I do not like that she promises and shoots for such drastic results in such a small amount of time. I guess that is the Biggest Loser mentality though.
  • debraran1
    Options
    I think it was Jessica Smith that said you sell part of your soul with the contract...they do the covers for marketing purposes...she's had the "6pk" and "Look better naked" covers. Maybe as you get more popular, you should be able to have some control over it.

Yes,I see many older guys, and love Chalean because she shows them and Amy Dixon and a few others. Jillian has had the least but they put her demographic in the 20-30 category but I know many middle-aged women that buy her DVD's from personally talking to them and seeing reviews by them.

edit: my bad in saying 25 for T25 dvd, the guy was 45, I was panting too loud the first time doing it to hear correctly. ; )
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I hope it ends up on youtube - I don't like to pay for dvds ;)

That is theft. I guess if you were to make something to sell and it ends up on youtube, you would not have a problem with others stealing all your hard work.