How Has Your Life Changed Since Losing Weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I am curious OP, how did you change your settings so that your prior posts are private? I have never seen that before.

I think it's changing your profile to private or viewable only by friends.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I hurt a LOT less. Before I lost weight, everything hurt all of the time.
    I move a lot faster, just in general.
    I also move a lot more. I can keep up with everyone.
    I don't need a seatbelt extension anymore.
    I fit into places, seats, etc. a lot more easily and I don't constantly have to gauge whether something can hold my weight.
    I'm happier and more energetic.
    I can wear pants/jeans. Not only do I wear jeans, I ROCK them.
    I'm doing a lot of the cool stuff I watched my friends do in the past
    You can tell where my collar bone is. And my shoulders. And my knees touch.
    I hate to skip workouts for any reason and my planning centers around training for upcoming events.
    The only downside is that I'm cold all of the time. I hope to use this to my advantage in the South Texas summer.
    Some people don't recognize me. I love a good double-take.

My life is just better.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

I am only half way there but have noticed some changes. I am able to control myself around sweets much more. I still have them if they fit into my calories. I used to have problems saying no and would have pieces here and there. We still have a bowl full of Halloween candy here. That would have been gone in a month before.

I do not hate working out. I would not say I am in love with it, but if I skip a day, it bugs me. I took December off for the holidays and traveling and it felt great to get back at it in January.

I can run. I always hated it. Worst part of PE in school. I finished C25K last summer and it felt amazing to actually be able to do it.

I made me a priority in my life. I have two kids and they are obviously my top priority but I make sure there is time for me. That time is to work out and that comes before housework.

I hope as I lose more I can work on my self esteem. Right now I still feel fat (and I am). I have never had more confidence that when this weight is gone it will stay off though. I have learned so much on this site and these boards that I know I am doing this the right way.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Great. Most of my prepregnancy clothes fit. I feel more comfortable in my body. I feel healthier. Just getting that 20 lbs off I feel more able to do certain things physically.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Awesome responses guys! I hope this can keep going. I really think a lot of struggling people could use this kind of inspiration around here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!