What are your Macro % Goals?

Options
I've been bulking for 3 solid weeks now, and keeping track of my calories/macros. My goal has been 3500 calories a day, with at least 1.5g/lb protein and I've gained about 5 lbs so far (I'm at 6% BF) After 3 weeks, this seems to be where my macros have leveled out. Thoughts? (31 yr, Male, 146lb) I'll also note that my strength has risen consistently every week.

Daily Averages:

Calories - 3,447
Protein - 233g (31%)
Carbs - 398g (54%)
Fat - 110g (15%)

Replies

• Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Your percentages are almost exactly what my targets are set at. In reality my carbs usually come in above target., and protein & fat under. I still get in about 1-1.2g of protein per pound though, so it could be worse!
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are still getting the recommended amount of protein for women (and/or men - depending on what source you get your info from). The biggest thing I did to increase my protein/fat and reduce carbs was to replace my morning bowl of cereal with boiled or scrambled eggs...
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I set my macros according to my body weight, not %, and consider the protein a minimum. Right now 150g P, 80g F, whatever's left goes to carbs.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've been bulking for 3 solid weeks now, and keeping track of my calories/macros. My goal has been 3500 calories a day, with at least 1.5g/lb protein and I've gained about 5 lbs so far (I'm at 6% BF) After 3 weeks, this seems to be where my macros have leveled out. Thoughts? (31 yr, Male, 146lb) I'll also note that my strength has risen consistently every week.

Daily Averages:

Calories - 3,447
    Protein - 233g (31%)
    Carbs - 398g (54%)
    Fat - 110g (15%)

5 lbs gain in just 3 weeks time is great, dont change anything now, keep doing what your doing, you should only lean gain about 4-5 lbs a month anyways and i know you know that already...
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    34yo female, 135lb and up to 2800 calories. I am pretty much set at:

350c/175p/78f.

I'm not sure I would ever eat as low as 15% fat, even on a cut. Why is your % so low?

Edit-Nevermind, your math of off. 110g of fat is more like 28% of your calories. :)
  • terizius
    Options
    HMVOL - My first instinct was to curse Excel for spitting out incorrect numbers.. but after running the numbers on my own.. 110g fat does come out to 15%.. and then I slapped myself on the head when I realized that 15% was assuming that fat has an equivalent number of calories per gram than carbs/protein. Anyway.. I'm still going to blame Excel :)

(thanks for the "gentle" reminder :)
  • terizius
    Options
    After a little more Excel magic.. here are my accurate %'s..

JanuaryMacros.png