cardio weightloss?

Options
I was wondering if running for an hour Friday, Saturday, sunday, Monday, help me lose weight ? preferably 30 pounds in a matter of months?

Replies

• indianarunner76
    indianarunner76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Have you run before? Are you just starting?

If you are a beginner this is recipe for injury in my opinion.

Running definitely burns a lot of calories. It helped me get back in shape fairly quick.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If you're eating more calories than you burn, you could run every day and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. And there's no way to say definitively how long it is going to take to lose a certain amount of weight. It depends on how much you have to lose overall, your activity level, whether you are accurately calculating your food intake, uncontrollable physical characteristics like metabolism, etc. It's one thing to have a goal date in mind to keep you motivated, but you also need to consider that it might take longer.

This link should help, be sure to read the links within it as well: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Easily...

That's all I did was run before coming on here and running was always my go to exercise to drop the pounds quickly.