Body Fat Calculators

misspenny762
misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm trying to get an estimate of my BFP, but entering the same information on a few different web sites has given my a range from 8% to 31% body fat. X[ I know that this way of determining my BFP isn't nearly as accurate as other methods, but with that in mind, can anyone recommend a site where I can get a semi-accurate body fat measurement?

Replies

• alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    This works pretty well for me:

Adult Body Fat % = (1.20 x BMI) + (0.23 x Age) - (10.8 x gender) - 5.4
    where male gender= 1, female=0.

It can't be very accurate in all cases (if you're very muscular or the opposite..) though because it relies on averages of muscle and water volumes. Still it gave pretty much the same result for me as a scale with a body fat percentage function.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    This works pretty well for me:

Adult Body Fat % = (1.20 x BMI) + (0.23 x Age) - (10.8 x gender) - 5.4
    where male gender= 1, female=0.

It can't be very accurate in all cases (if you're very muscular or the opposite..) though because it relies on averages of muscle and water volumes. Still it gave pretty much the same result for me as a scale with a body fat percentage function.

Thanks for the equation, very useful.
    Kx
  • Tried the calculation, just to see. I found it to be about 5% off (I know my body fat %). You can get some relitively cheap scales from Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/dp/B0013ISJD8?tag=invihand-21) which might help!
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Thanks alantin! And DanL, I'm way ahead of you... Last night I bought a scale, kitchen scale, and calipers on Amazon :D
This discussion has been closed.