Eat less day after binge or ignore

Options
kjarvo
kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
I ate over 2000 calories on friday because I went out for food twice in one day. Today, saturday, I got up late and only had 2 slices of ham for breakfast and then met my friends all day. I had tomato soup for my lunch. Then I got home late and my mum had made me a chicken and chorizo risotto which was a smallish portion (it was a 1/4 or the recipe for 4 split into 2 bowls) but because it was quite late when I got home I only had one portion with a pitta bread. So today I've only had 1084 calories

Yesterday - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/kjarvo?date=2014-01-31
Today - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/kjarvo?date=2014-02-01

But I did no exercise yesterday (apart from a few hours leisurely walking) so net about 2064 - 200ish = 1864
But today 1020 - 715 (give or TAKE prob 200) = net 505 cals

Should I eat more to increase my net or is it ok because of yesterday? is it more of an average for a few days?

Replies

• jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You have been consistently under by 100+ calories most days this week and only over by 500 calories yesterday. You're under 800+ calories for Saturday. Don't worry about Friday. It was actually already compensated for on the days prior. You're a pretty good bit under on your macros for Saturday. Feel comfortable adding a bit to balance that out so you aren't shortchanging yourself needlessly on the important stuff.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Even if I go way over one day (like today, lol), I just go back on track the next day... Eating less is typically not an option, I try but fail, lol. It's fine though really. Even a 3000+ day will only set me back a few days... Letting myself go hungry tomorrow is not going to make such a big difference that it will really matter.

If you're not hungry though, there's no harm in staying under, you don't HAVE to though.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I am set for maintenance at 1,600 calories, so when I do binge I first try to calculate (or estimate if need be) how many excess calories I've consumed. After that, I do try to reduce my intake for the next several days by 400 (since I recall reading that consuming less than 1,200 net calories a day can be harmful), until I have "undone" the binge, so to speak. I don't believe in starvation, or forcing yourself to eat. I just try to listen to my body and do as it tells me I should. But after a binge can be hard, so just be careful. I generally eat a super light breakfast at first (since I'm usually still bloated the next morning), and increase the size of my meals until hunger returns and I've reached 1,200 calories. But I try to keep the 400 deficit even if I am hungry, until I break even from my binge, because I believe a lot of it becomes empty cravings, stretched stomach, and just your body kind of forgetting what hunger really feels like.
    I hope you find that helpful, everyone has their own thing that works best for them though! I wish you the best of luck with finding your way to success :) it may take some time, but you'll figure it out!