eating too much of something healthy

Options
Well.... today I dry roasted a bag of frozen edamame with some garlic powder, sea salt and olive oil. It was soo good that I had about half of it for lunch in a salad. Long story short today I ended up eating the whole bag.
Does anyone have problems eating too much of something healthy? And if so, what are some tips on splitting it up??
I've already thought next time to just dry roast 1/2 the bag, or 1 serving and leave the rest frozen so i'm not tempted!

Replies

• toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I ate a pound or so of collards once...The consequences of said action cured me of doing that again.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I ate a pound or so of collards once...The consequences of said action cured me of doing that again.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shoc369
    Options
    I hate to say this but the only way I can keep myself from doing this is to literally throw it in the trash so I won't eat it. I know it is bad since it is wasting food and money, but that always works!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Did you go over your goal? If not, what's to worry about?

If you really want to split things up, put them in single serving baggies. Have one, leave the rest. Yes, that requires self control. I plan out my day in the morning and then only swap things that are close to a one for one swap. And then I stick to my plan.
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I couple Tablespoons of healthy Peanut Butter led to a 1/3rd of the jar (40 oz) unhealthy binge. I can't keep the stuff in the house. Don't even want to know the calorie damage. Lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You're still pretty much at goal so it's really not a big deal! Well as long as you don't get the consequences that the guy above got.
  • Yes. I struggle with portion control. I would eat tons of fruit if I could or oatmeal, you get the picture. I'm learning balance and getting into the habit of it.
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    edamame is about 189 calories/cup.

Dry roasted, about 471 per 100G (which is a LOT of edamame).

Fritos are 160/28G.

I'm not sure I _could_ eat "Too much" edamame.. though it's soybeans.. that would steer me away to begin with.

Count the calories, drop something less healthful in favor of them.

the 35G of protein in the edamame isn't bad at all.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, it's harder to make a huge dent in your calories by consuming lots of vegetables. I had a lb. of honeydew today. 'Twas delicious. There's also a 3 lb. bag of clementines in the fridge that I would totally consume if I had the room. (:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    When did edamame become healthy?