Going too fast..?

alantin
alantin Posts: 621 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay. Here's the deal:
I have been aiming at dropping about 1 - 1.5 lbs a week for the whole time I've been at this. Just two lbs more and I'm at the high end of the healthy BMI range and soon I'll start to slow the rate down to 0.5 - 1 lbs a week to ease into my target weight.
For a long time I have kept my deficit at about 700 Kcal's and experienced a plateau of about 3-4 weeks along the way which was pretty much expected but what I didn't expect was a much faster rate after that. I've dropped about 5.3 lbs in the last two weeks eating the same as before (if not a little more) and I'm not really sure what to think about it. Is it just normal flux or am I suddenly dropping too fast? I also suffered a three week cold that prevented me doing any exercise. I wonder if that could have anything to do with it..

Has anyone else had trouble with losing too fast?

Cheers!

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    The human body seems to have a mind of it's own! The drop is normal after a plateau, your body is just catching up. Remember you are working at an AVERAGE loss rate, that means the plateau and big drop average out over time. Great job!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    I guess you're right.
    LoL. I started exercising again (the three week cold has finally passed! :drinker: ) and my weight went up 6 pounds over night!
    That was hilarious to see! :laugh: I guess it'll take a while to find the balance again after that shock. By the way, I was happy to see that my performance hadn't suffered as much as I had feared. Actually I think my flexibility had even improved a speck! It is good to take a small break sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.