The Cauli-Saga

SunofaBeach14
SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
Just please make it stop. You don't have to replace everything delicious in your diet to lose weight. Food should taste good not make you want to vomit. Please just eat the high calorie stuff in moderation.

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Yup that latest one . . .

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2041-1387215596-18_zps380f00d9.gif
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Alternatively, there is nothing wrong with cauliflower. It has a unique flavor and can be pretty good depending on how you make it.

Mashed cauliflower? If made right, tastes great. No, it is not a substitute for mashed potatoes, but it is good in it's own right.

Cauliflower Pizza? NO! The "crust" is soggy and it doesn't hold up. However, it does have an interesting flavor.

Cauliflower pasta substitutes? No. It is cauliflower with pasta sauce and cheese.

Call it what it is. It doesn't replace anything.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    I'm going replace my coffee creamer with cauliflower.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    So, what you're saying is..I shouldn't replace my buffalo wings tomorrow with buffalo cauliflower?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Haha I actually would love more cauliflower recipes, but not the kind where it replaces perfectly delicious food.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    So, what you're saying is..I shouldn't replace my buffalo wings tomorrow with buffalo cauliflower?

Hey, at least we haven't seen Cauli-beer . . . waiting . . .
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Broccoli is where it's at!
  • I hate çauliflower. It looks weird, tastes weird, spelled weird.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    You know, I enjoy cauliflower with cheese. Except I call it roasted romanesco with cheese. It makes a great side dish to lasagna when I want to cut calories.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    I'm going replace my coffee creamer with cauliflower.

My soul dies for you
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I replaced my insulin with cauliflower... it's working great...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I replaced my insulin with cauliflower... it's working great...

Damn why didn't I think of that? I'll bet I could replace all of my medicines with it too!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Now people are replacing their FACES with cauliflower! When will it stop?!?!
    cauliflower-grown-in-fall.jpg
  • I have made Cream of Cauliflower soup, low fat Skinnytaste recipe which was delicious, there is also a recipe for Cauliflower fritters on the Skinnytaste website as well which are really yummy!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Now people are replacing their FACES with cauliflower! When will it stop?!?!
    cauliflower-grown-in-fall.jpg

OMG :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Some sanity at last.

Eating cauliflower because it is a yummy vegetable and part of your balanced diet = pass.

Eating cauliflower and pretending it is pizza or pasta = fail. You are not learning how much of the real deal you can eat sensibly.

Unless you are planning on eating cauliflower pizza/cauliflower pasta/cauliflower cheesecake in place of regular pizza/pasta/cheesecake the rest of your adult life then call it what it is.